Unique Treble??

Started by Billy Magoo, October 06, 2015, 02:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Magoo

My own club Robert Emmets GAC Slaughtneil has just completed a unique treble in Derry by winning the Senior Hurling, Senior Camogie and Senior Football championships in our county this year.  Has anything similar ever been done before by any club in Ireland?

AZOffaly

I know Loughmore Castleiney won the senior football and hurling in Tipp a couple of years ago, and Cratloe did similar in Clare. Not sure how their camógs got on in the same year though.

nrico2006

Unlucky to miss out on a provincial double last year too.  Potential provincial treble this year?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Billy Magoo

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 06, 2015, 03:52:10 PM
Unlucky to miss out on a provincial double last year too.  Potential provincial treble this year?

Haha i'd take one provincial title. Dont want to be greedy..

Estimator

Its very difficult to get all the information on all counties in one place. But with a small bit of research I found that St Finbarr's (Cork) did the Football and Hurling double in 1980 and 1982. Couldn't get any info on camogie. 

Ulster League Champions 2009

5 Sams

Tenuous link but still a unique treble. There's a young fella called Mark "Diony" O'Connor from Dingle who has played in 4 All Ireland Finals (2 Hogan Cup Finals & 2 AIMF finals) in the last 18 months and got man of the match in 3 of them!
The Aristocrat Years