Ard Mhacha U18 v Ciarraí U18, Páirc an Chrócaigh, Domhnach, 23ú Lúnasa

Started by PatDaly, August 03, 2009, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: armaghniac on August 10, 2009, 06:54:29 PM
QuoteShould the be over, perhaps?

Stew gives his location as Wisconsin, but perhaps he is now back in Armagh.

Oh right, no that's me being stupid, never twigged.

Throw ball

Remember 92 final well. Was sitting in the old Cusack Stand in the middle of a pile of Dubs and when O'Hagan took that final free there was a massive cheer when everyone thought the ball had ended up in the back of the net. Turned to complete silence when we saw the Meath players celebrating! Armagh's lack of 'cuteness' caught them out. Still it did pave the way for our greatest day 10 years later. Having seen them beat a useful Kildare team in Breffni I think they have an excellent chance on Sunday week. Sadly I am going to the match with a Tyrone man so will have to sit on my hands for the senior game.  ;)

PatDaly

I hope Armagh don't make the same mistake as Mayo did. Never look any further ahead than the next game in front of you. Lads coming on here posting about a possible Armagh appearance in the All-Ireland final are playing right into the hands of Kerry. Armagh play Kerry on August 23rd this should be the ONLY focus of this thread!

corn02

Quote from: PatDaly on August 11, 2009, 03:49:48 AM
I hope Armagh don't make the same mistake as Mayo did. Never look any further ahead than the next game in front of you. Lads coming on here posting about a possible Armagh appearance in the All-Ireland final are playing right into the hands of Kerry. Armagh play Kerry on August 23rd this should be the ONLY focus of this thread!

AHA,
all I said was I hope we have the chance to get a big crowd at a final, so not looking past this game really.

Aghdavoyle

Jaysus 92 was a fair kick in the stones at the time to armagh folk given the record in croke park. twas a great day all the same.

94 semi was against kerry was a poor outing. a v good minor team didn't perform that day, probably because of a bit of stage fright. i think only barry duffy showed up that day.

it'd be a great platform for armagh football if the minors could make another all ireland final.

blanketattack

Smallest ever Kerry minor team. Manager picked the best 15 players based on skill rather than size which is admirable in some respects but against a very good team like Armagh it will prove a huge disadvantage and I think Kerry will come up short.

full back

Mind being in the Canal End in '92
Was a cracking day out & around that time it wasnt often Armagh supporters got a decent day out
The last couple of minutes was some kick in the balls though :-\

Mind there was some Armagh support there & along with the Donegal supporters made for a great spectacle in the Canal End

AFS

As a five year old I was on me da's lap in the Hogan stand in 1992, fell asleep for most of the minor game. Remember him waking me up with a couple of minutes to go 'to see Armagh get the cup'. Bad times.  :(

Armamike

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on August 11, 2009, 10:41:37 AM

Jaysus 92 was a fair kick in the stones at the time to armagh folk given the record in croke park. twas a great day all the same.
94 semi was against kerry was a poor outing. a v good minor team didn't perform that day, probably because of a bit of stage fright. i think only barry duffy showed up that day.

it'd be a great platform for armagh football if the minors could make another all ireland final.

Football can be a very very cruel game.  That was the biggest sickener i ever had at football, and i've been round long enough to sample a few of them. Didn't sleep right for a week after that. Remember at the time just wanting to get out straight after the final whistle but stayed on and watched the Donegal Dublin game anyway.  That Meath team were one slippy outfit, bit like their seniors.
That's just, like your opinion man.

mackers

I was in Gran Canaria on the lash with a few friends. The Irish Bar in the resort told us in the week leading up to the final that they were going to fly a video of the minor and senior finals out to show on the Monday night so we didn't ring home and waited to watch the match. The bar was full of Dubs who had done the same thing. At something like 11 o'clock when we were all full of beer the cnut running the bar announced that the video hadn't arrived so we rang home and heard the bad news. The form was very poor but the Dubs and us cried on each other's shoulders for the rest of the night.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Diet Coke

Never forget it.....only realised there were Meath supporters at the game when the goal went in ;)

As for crap referees...........Seamus Prior.....you are number 1 >:(
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

naka

was in canal end in 92 and got in for 20 quid along with about 10 other guys from cruppen, remember the solitary orange flag on the hill, left after the minor match and headed to the pub( was only a younster then)

AFS

http://kerrygaa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=2225

The Kerry lads here seem to know about our defensive problems anyway. Would be expecting them to target us for goals, but if we can keep them to less than two I'm confident our forwards will do enough to see us through. Interesting that they see midfield as their main weakness, as this is an area that Armagh have been strong in for the most part this year. Anyone hear anything on Peter Carragher, read on orchardcounty that he took a knock in a championship game eariler this week?

Rossfan

Quote from: Diet Coke on August 12, 2009, 12:16:03 PM

As for crap referees...........Seamus Prior.....you are number 1 >:(

and everyone in Roscommon agrees with that. The ***** ***** *****  >:( >:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

crossfire