Celebrities that you admire

Started by Itchy, December 31, 2018, 07:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

It's been said many a time here and elsewhere that the Irish are a crowd of begrudgers. Don't believe that myself so I'm hoping people can list a few celebrity type people they admire and why?

Itchy

Conor McGregor- he might not be everyone's cup of tea and sometimes he makes me cringe but I do admire how he got himself where he is from bring a mediocre boxer to one if the best known faces in sport.

Angelina Jolie- Fine actress but also someone who does massive work for charities and important causes and in my opinion doesn't seek to make it about her. I don't know why she gets such bad press sometimes. I've always found her to be very articulate and caring when I've heard her speak.

Captain Obvious

ONeill

Dana. Changed the face of Irish music and national psyche for decades.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Boycey

3 posts in and already it's a cnutfest  ;D

I'm not sure I 'admire' anyone but I quite like wee MickeyD and the way he represents us, of course having a Rory Gallagher photo in his office the day I was there hekped.

Can I add something - who's the nicest celebrity you met? Paul McGrath, absolute gent. Met him on a back Street near OT one night. He stopped and engaged in conversation for ages we had to make our excuses eventually as we were late for our lift.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Boycey on December 31, 2018, 08:07:39 PM

I'm not sure I 'admire' anyone but I quite like wee MickeyD and the way he represents us, of course having a Rory Gallagher photo in his office the day I was there hekped.

Can I add something - who's the nicest celebrity you met? Paul McGrath, absolute gent. Met him on a back Street near OT one night. He stopped and engaged in conversation for ages we had to make our excuses eventually as we were late for our lift.
What about Stevie G Boycey
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Boycey

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 31, 2018, 08:12:39 PM

What about Stevie G Boycey

?

Baile an tuaigh

general_lee

LooseCannon

Not necessarily a celebrity.

Paul Rouse.

Tony Baloney

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Don Johnson

What a round about way to humblebrag you were in the President of Ireland's office.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney