What's your relationship with alcohol?

Started by Boycey, October 12, 2018, 11:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: tintin25 on March 25, 2023, 04:51:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2023, 03:38:41 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 25, 2023, 03:13:14 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on March 25, 2023, 02:46:01 PM
Not a massive drinker these days (a night out every few months) but ended up going out after a work do a couple of weeks ago.  Anyways, drank way too much to the point I woke up the next day with serious fear and couldn't recount parts of the night (I do mind getting home though).  Anyways, spoke to some colleagues on the Monday who said that whilst I was steaming I wasn't giving any bad manners and said there was nothing to worry about.  Since found out that a colleague (who I would be pally enough with) took a couple of videos of me in a drunken state (bit of dancing and slabbering but again nothing offensive) and showed them to a few colleagues (including myself).  I jokingly asked him to delete them but he thinks they are harmless and laughed it off.  It's still not sitting well with me so should I just text/speak to him direct and say I'm serious about it or just take my medicine and it'll be forgotten about?  Don't want to create an awkward situation but people videoing stuff on nights out really sickens my hole.

I'd ask them to delete them in a more serious way. Tell them you're annoyed. Would it affect your job?

Ignore it, you've asked him and as for being pally with him, just don't bother with him, he'll get the point and if you persist he may end up sharing it with others.

We've a policy for stag weekends, phones stay in the hotel  ;D

Thinking this may be the way to go.  Should be said he's about 7/8 years younger than me and the female colleague is younger again (btw she did nothing wrong but she wouldn't be bothered by being in the videos as she was fairly sober and of that TikTok era that love the attention).  I guess you see people (esp work colleagues) in different light after these things.

I'd just ignore it and as the other lads say, give that fella a cold enough shoulder moving forward.

When I had an office job I always cleared off after a few pints or dodge on to a bar with 2-3 lads that you could trust and wouldn't be taking vids/slabbering on a Monday. Nothing worse than vids or back in the day being tagged on Facebook!

marty34

Quote from: square_ball on March 25, 2023, 04:07:46 PM
What a gobshite for videoing someone with a few drinks in them. I'd think less of that person than you to be honest. People that have the phones out videoing on nights out and stag do's are assholes plain and simple.

People have their phones out for everything.

I remember reading about a serious RTA on the M50 and people passing the accident were slowing down and videoing the carnage.

It was that bad that the Guards had to issue an appeal on the media for people not to be videing it.

Absolutely sickening stuff.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: marty34 on March 25, 2023, 06:16:23 PM
What a gobshite for videoing someone with a few drinks in them. I'd think less of that person than you to be honest. People that have the phones out videoing on nights out and stag do's are assholes plain and simple.

I remember reading about a serious RTA on the M50 and people passing the accident were slowing down and videoing the carnage.

It was that bad that the Guards had to issue an appeal on the media for people not to be videing it.

Aye I think some woman had been decapitated and all these sick cnuts were sharing videos of it. I like the sound of MRs rule to keep the phones under lock and key.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 25, 2023, 07:15:31 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 25, 2023, 06:16:23 PM

Aye I think some woman had been decapitated and all these sick cnuts were sharing videos of it. I like the sound of MRs rule to keep the phones under lock and key.

I'm at the door making sure they don't get out lol!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pbat

Slightly off topic but I was in the gym this morning and a lad came in mid 20's, I would describe him as a love island wannabee.
He was going flat to the mat on the treadmill and he took the phone out either to take a selfie or a video of himself, next thing I new he went flying off the treadmill and nearly out through the back window of the gym.

Everyone ran to see was he ok, me and and man in his 70s on were side by side on two bikes, we sat are ground and laughed for 15 mins. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pbat on March 25, 2023, 07:29:45 PM
Slightly off topic but I was in the gym this morning and a lad came in mid 20's, I would describe him as a love island wannabee.
He was going flat to the mat on the treadmill and he took the phone out either to take a selfie or a video of himself, next thing I new he went flying off the treadmill and nearly out through the back window of the gym.

Everyone ran to see was he ok, me and and man in his 70s on were side by side on two bikes, we sat are ground and laughed for 15 mins.

Shoulda videoed it  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: pbat on March 25, 2023, 07:29:45 PM

Worth the yearly membership fee that 😂😂

toby47

I had never drank in my house before Covid/Lockdown, literally never.

I'd say I haven't went a week without drinking in my house since then. It might be as little as 2 bottles of beer watching a match on a Saturday evening or drinking a bottle of wine with the wife.

A bad habit to get into, even though I've never been drunk in the house, but still averaging 10-20 beer & a couple of bottles of wine a month that I never would have had.

I'm hoping dry January & a bit more exercise puts and end to the habit.

tbrick18

Quote from: toby47 on January 04, 2024, 02:17:18 PMI had never drank in my house before Covid/Lockdown, literally never.

I'd say I haven't went a week without drinking in my house since then. It might be as little as 2 bottles of beer watching a match on a Saturday evening or drinking a bottle of wine with the wife.

A bad habit to get into, even though I've never been drunk in the house, but still averaging 10-20 beer & a couple of bottles of wine a month that I never would have had.

I'd be in a similar situation.
Not drinking much, but have a couple every weekend in the house. Maybe a bottle of wine spread over the weekend.
Bit of a bad habit alright.
I had planned doing a bit of drinking over Christmas, got a couple of boxes of beer and a few bottles of wine. Drank no more than I normally would and most of it is still here.
I dont think its a problem, but for health reasons I'm going to cut it out. I seriously need to shift a bit of weight and it doesnt help.

trailer

Quote from: toby47 on January 04, 2024, 02:17:18 PMI had never drank in my house before Covid/Lockdown, literally never.

Gonna give the drink a rest for a month as well. Very similar to myself. Beer and wine. I don't get out to the pub much with kids and family life in general so was using that as a bit of an excuse for the house drinking.

gallsman

I'd not be the biggest drinker in the world but one bottle of wine over the course of a weekend is absolutely nothing to worry about.

urbangael

Actually dont mind doing dry Jan.  Like a lot of others bought in a extra beers wines and spirits for over the festive period most if it not opened and i'm not planning on looking at it for at least a month. Few bottles here and there adds up before you know it you're putting away a box of beer a week... its the calories i'd worry about as a beer is often guzzled with a big of tayto!!

LC

As I have got older my relationship has got more and more distant with alcohol.

From drinking the head of myself in Belfast for 4 - 6 years to a stage now I would easily go months at a time without a drink.

From what I am led to believe young people are not as much into the pints as my generation.  While I understand there are other 'options' these days I thinks young people are a bit more health conscious especially those playing sport at a decent level.

Taylor

The booze is a killer for the weight.

Can eat decent enough with 'treats/takeaways' thrown in and still maintain a decent weight but as soon as you booze each week I find it a piles the weight on.

Like a few here I had taken to drinking each weekend in the last couple of years and continued it.

Bottle of wine and a can or two each night - not a good recipe

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians