NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

The Claw

Just like to second that, great post. Sproles has been the real surprise. The rest all were touted to be fantasy relevant (maybe not the Gronk as much) and were all taken highly, but not Sproles.

Looking forward to the semis tonight, first time making the playoffs in the league.

Rossie11

Took  Sproles in 14th round and Gronk in the 15th. Steals the pair of them.
Interesting to see next seasons draft how high TEs like Gronk  and Graham will be taken.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Rossie11 on December 16, 2011, 01:43:48 AM
Took  Sproles in 14th round and Gronk in the 15th. Steals the pair of them.
Interesting to see next seasons draft how high TEs like Gronk  and Graham will be taken.

I noticed that the other day trying to see how you assembled such a good team. I took Ronnie Brown right before you took Gronkowski.

AZOffaly

Lone Shark

Good time for San Diego to step it up all right - though based on the form in the other semi-final, it's only a formality, since the Clowns/Tribesmen will be winning the final at ease.....

(Smack talk Irish style.... :D)

AZOffaly

Going to bed after staying up to watch the Cardinals win another cardiac job, I looked at our tallies, and I was about 18 points behind with Boldin and the Ravens D to play versus Eric Weddle. I knew it was far from a formality, but I thought I had a chance, especially if the Ravens managed a few takeaways and Boldin found the endzone.

Ah well, C'est la Vie. Best of luck in the final, bring it home to Offaly. :D

magpie seanie

It had to happen. My team that contained McCoy, Ray Rice, Welker, Gronkowski, Bowe, Lloyd and V-Jax as well as QB's Rivers and Tebow (played Tim this week) got creamed despite annihilating all round them in the regular season. Screw fantasy football anyway!

NYJetsV got almost 30 points against me from CJ fecking Spiller (though I might still win that one)! Nice to see Jabal Sheard of Cleveland get back on track as well after the duck egg he presented me with last week  ::).

mc_grens

My opponent had the Seattle D. I had the Chicago D.

Caleb f**king Hanie. That is all.

All the same if I get 23 points out of Antonio Brown tonight I'm in.

AZOffaly

Just for interest, in the Semi Finals at the various levels, the storie are as follows, with just Pittsburgh versus San Francisco tonight to come.

Joe Montana GAA Board Superbowl Championship - Semi Finals

Faithful Turfmen 'B' 110.65 - 128.66 L'Esprit de Biff.

This battle of Ferbane was a good tight battle, and is officially over as all players have played, where the Biffs always had the upper hand. Out of the blocks early enough, they held well over a 50 point lead going into the evening games, but despite the best efforts of Tom Brady and Arian Foster the Turfmen came up short. It looked promising as the leagues best fantasy 'Defense' and Anquin Boldin were trying to haul back a deficit of less than 20 points, but unfortunately the Ravens D decided to shite the eggs when it mattered most (to me at least!) and returned -1. Thanks lads. Congratulations to the L'Esprit, who were well served by mighty midget Darren Sproles and unsung heroes Demaryius Thomas and Nate Washington. Aaron Rogers also managed to overcome a decidedly iffy outing for his standards to chip in with 16.30 points.

Galway Bay Tribesmen 144.77 - 136.94  Smackdown Clowns

A real barn burner is in progress in the second semi and the Tribesmen face a nervous wait tonight. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but I'm not sure if 7+ points will be enough to stave off the Clowns, who have Mike Wallace and Aldon Smith in action tonight. A TD for Wallace will surely seal it for the Clowns, while even without that you would fancy Aldon Smith to have a few tackles in the game, and that might be enough. The Tribesmen had big days from Matthew Stafford and LeSean McCoy, but the Clowns answered in style through Drew Brees (5 TD PASSES!!) Ryan Matthews and Darrius Heyword Bey. Clowns have to be favourites, but as I found out last night, there's no sure things.

Walter Payton GAA Board 'B' Championship - Semi Finals

Ruthless Rossies 109.15 - 145.64 Red Hand Helmets

Looks to be all over bar the shouting in the first of the B semis, as the Rossies face a 36+ point deficit heading into tonights game. They do have an outside chance, as the Niners Defense is pretty prolific, and Ben Roethlisberger might be hobbling around out there tonight. Sometimes the Steelers O'Line looks like 6 Turnstiles, so the Niners might smell blood. Even so, it will take a big effort from them and the kicker David Akers to reel in the lead. Unlikely, but far from impossible. If the Helmets hang on they do so despite Eli Mannings miserable outing of 1.14 points, and the Raven's miserable -1 return,  and largely because of Calvin Johnson, Megatron, and his huge night (40.70 points). Reggie Bush, Ryan Matthews and a big sack night for Justin Babin. That the Rossies are somewhat within striking distance is due to Tom Brady and Darren Sproles.

Royal Badgers 155.30 - 132.43 Revis and Butthead

The Royal Badgers may be about to overcome the biggest selection error since Mayo put Pat Holmes on Maurice Fitzgerald. DeMarco Murray found himself starting for the Badgers despite being on the IR, but they still manage to lead by just under 23 points going into tonight's game. Unlikely heroes were the Seattle Defense with 41 points (did someone kidnap the Ravens and dress them in Teal?) and the rest of the team had a nice spread of 10-15 points in a lot of areas. Revis and Butthead got big nights from Roddy White, LeSean McCoy and Mister Divisive Tim Tebow. He will need a big game from Antonio Brown tonight to haul it back, and it's hard to see it materialising against the Niners.

Jerry Rice GAABoard 'C' Championship

Oraisteach's Browns 109.35 - 117.96 Savage Bears

The Packers go down, and in the first week of knockout ball the Oraisteach's Browns have gone the same way, baring hiri kari from the Steelers Defense tonight. The Savage Bears were in great form coming in to play the best regular season team of the entire competition, and the dangerous Bears seem to have taken down the #1 seed. Solid scoring throughout the team, headlined by Ryan Matthews 19.45 points, was the secret for the Bears, and despite Darren Sproles, Aaron Rogers and Nate Washington's best efforts it appears as if the favourites are out.

puppet master 152.02 - 85.58 North Antrim Nuggets

Another slight surprise here, although not in projected totals, as the 9-5 puppet masters have soundly beaten the 11-3 North Antrim Nuggets, albeit the Nuggets have 1 man to go tonight in Antonio Brown. The nuggets were another who lived by the Ravens, and this week died by them, although in fairness there is almost 70 points between the teams at the moment, so even the Ravens at their best wouldn't be bridging that gap. Another selection blunder here, as Matt Forte and his sprained MCL were sent into battle by the Nuggets, unfortunately not by Chicago, so 0 points there. Aaron Hernandez and Torrey Smith were prolific enough, but not nearly sufficient as Drew Brees, Marshawn Lynch, Brent  Celek and Roddy White have powered the masters into the 'C' final.

Oraisteach

Hilarious stuff, AZ.  Love the turnstyle analogy.

Rough, rough week.  Packers fall, Colts win, and I get eliminated from both of  my leagues, in each of which I was the top team.  Ouch!

Promotion at least.

AZOffaly

We have our finalists.

Joe Montana GAA Board Superbowl Championship - Semi Finals

Faithful Turfmen 'B' 110.65 - 128.66 L'Esprit de Biff.

This game was decided before last night, and the Biffs march on to the final.

Galway Bay Tribesmen 144.77 - 159.24  Smackdown Clowns

It was unlikely, and so it proved. 7 points ahead going into this game  last night was not enough for our #1 seed as the renaissance of the Smackdown Clowns continued. Mike Wallace (WR-PIT) had 9.30 points and Aldon Smith (DL-SF) had an impressive 13 points to book the Clowns' passage through to the final against the Biffs.

Ruthless Rossies 141.15 - 145.64 Red Hand Helmets

Well they had a right blast at it, but the Rossies just failed to make the 36 points needed as the 49ers defense accumulated 24 points and David Akers added another 8. It just wasn't enough though and the#1 seeds are safely through.

Royal Badgers 155.30 - 142.26 Revis and Butthead

The Badgers breath a sigh of relief after the DeMarco Murray selection blunder, as Antonio Brown was unable to pull off the herculean effort required. 9.83 points was a decent effort, but never enough and so the Meathmen march on to face the Tyrone reps in the 'B' final.

Jerry Rice GAABoard 'C' Championship

Oraisteach's Browns 109.35 - 119.96 Savage Bears

And it's official. The best record and #1 seeds have been taken down by the Savage Bears, and Offaly have a rep in the 'C' final as well. The Steelers D didn't exactly set the world alight on Monday, but they added 2 points and that was just gravy for the Bears who march on. The Browns will look back with delight on a great season and promotion, but frustration at falling at the playoff semi final.

puppet master 161.32 - 95.41 North Antrim Nuggets

Antonio Brown's 9.83 points barely made a dent in the puppet master's lead, and in fact Mike Wallace from Pittsburgh undid most of even that with 9.3 points of his own to seal a very comfortable victory for the masters, the #2 seed, who move on to play the Savage Bears.

Congratulations to all our finalists, and hard luck to the beaten semi finalists. Remember there are 3rd and 4th place play offs this week as well.

To Our Finalists - ATTENTION!!!!

As this is Christmas Week, and Christmas Day falls on a Sunday, the schedule is quite different.

We have 1 game on Thursday (Houston @ Indianapolis)

There are 13 games on Christmas Eve (Saturday)

1 game Christmas Eve night/Christmas Day Morning (Chicago @ Green Bay)

1 game Christmas Night (Atlanta @ New Orleans).

We'll be crowning our champions on Stephens' Day.

Best of Luck.

AZOffaly

Also, not to forget the other teams who have been toiling away for the minor placings, the consolation results in each division were

Joe Montana Consolation

#5 Coolera Bears saw off the #8 New York Jets V on a scoreline of 121.77 to 115.18. The Bears rode the 30.75 points of Atlanta WR Roddy White to the win.

#6 Ballyhaise Bills overcame the #7 mayo warriors 115.17 to 102.31, on the back of Reggie Bush's 24.45 points.

The Bears and Bills face off in a very interesting tussle next week, which would grace the Championship Play Offs themselves, while the warriors and Jets V play their last game in the top tier next week.

Walter Payton Consolation

#5 Craigyhill Terrors had a comfortable win over the #8 Crossmaglen Hitmen on a final tally of 135.50 to 96.26, thanks largely to Drew Brees' big day.

#6 CAPT PATs VIKINGS also saw off the #7 seed Rehab is 4 Quitters by 13 points, 107.80 to 94.13. Marshawn Lynch and Aaron Rogers the heaviest scoring contributors there.

That sets up another consolation #5 v #6 match between the Terrors and the Vikings, while the Quitters and Hitmen prepare for the C Championship next year with their last game in 'B'.

Jerry Rice Consolation

#5 Big Apple Orchards made it past the strong finishing superdubs on a final of 139.55 to 126.68, with Tom Brady and Reggie Bush the main men.

#6 Faithful Turfmen 'C' made it a clean sweep for the #5 and #6 seeds against their #7 and #8 counterparts with a 129.30 to 115.57 victory over the Curragh Rams. The San Francisco 49ers Defense saw the Turfmen home last night.

This means the Turfmen and Orchards square up next week, while the Rams and SuperDubs rehash the Leinster Football Final as the last game of 2011 in the GAA Board NFL Fantasy League.

GalwayBayBoy

Bugger. Think that's the 2nd time in 3 years I've lost in the first round of playoffs after getting top seed. Just can't catch a break. Switched out the Seahawks D (41 points) for the Giants D (6 points) at the last minute. Fecking cost me the game. Oh well still good fun this year.

The Claw

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 20, 2011, 10:05:27 AM

Royal Badgers 155.30 - 142.26 Revis and Butthead

The Badgers breath a sigh of relief after the DeMarco Murray selection blunder, as Antonio Brown was unable to pull off the herculean effort required. 9.83 points was a decent effort, but never enough and so the Meathmen march on to face the Tyrone reps in the 'B' final.

Would never have forgiven myself if I had lost. I would have put Lance Moore in who had a monster. Was on the 12 pubs and forgot the game was on Sat. Best of luck Red Hand Helmets.

AZOffaly

By the way, heganboy if you read this board anymore ( :D) I sent you a few pms about them trophies. I just want to know do I need a plan B at this stage?