The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 14, 2022, 12:31:33 AM
Mickelson getting it tight from the press today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjTfSNy17s8

Who is the Irishman asking the questions at 8:20?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mikhail Prokhorov

screenexile

Phil and Bryson making a hames of their answers to questions on the LIV tour... how does the PR team not have better answers to the questions they're being asked?

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on June 14, 2022, 08:48:35 PM
Phil and Bryson making a hames of their answers to questions on the LIV tour... how does the PR team not have better answers to the questions they're being asked?
they are playing because the money is out of this world and the  chances of the older players winning on the pga tour is remote , they would be better off telling the truth, isn't the main Saudi guy a big shareholder in twitter how many of the sjws or journalists will give up their accounts because of this ?
Football wc coming up in a pretty reprehensible country as regards human rights will these journalists be all over every football team for participating.
Pga setting the dogs out on the competition because they've had it all to themselves for forever.

OgraAnDun

They must have used up their budget on player contracts and hired interns for the PR team!

screenexile

Rahm just destroying the LIV tour with eloquent heartfelt facts!!!

This is exactly what they're missing!!

https://twitter.com/nolayingup/status/1536740835835920386?s=21&t=4kIb0uoSAQ5tp6xDQzKafQ

screenexile

Quote from: Gmac on June 14, 2022, 10:21:11 PM
they are playing because the money is out of this world and the  chances of the older players winning on the pga tour is remote , they would be better off telling the truth, isn't the main Saudi guy a big shareholder in twitter how many of the sjws or journalists will give up their accounts because of this ?
Football wc coming up in a pretty reprehensible country as regards human rights will these journalists be all over every football team for participating.
Pga setting the dogs out on the competition because they've had it all to themselves for forever.

DJ and Bryson are not 'older' players and both would certainly win more PGA events.

Bryson is only 28 and DJ is 37 I really don't understand why they're doing this they'll both earn a lot of money in the next 10 years before they should be thinking of the LIV tour!

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on June 14, 2022, 11:31:29 PM

DJ and Bryson are not 'older' players and both would certainly win more PGA events.

Bryson is only 28 and DJ is 37 I really don't understand why they're doing this they'll both earn a lot of money in the next 10 years before they should be thinking of the LIV tour!
I know that I'm talking about mickelson , gmac sergio and the older players, Bryson and Dustin have reportedly been given 100m , who turns down that kind of money ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on June 15, 2022, 12:14:00 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 14, 2022, 11:31:29 PM

I know that I'm talking about mickelson , gmac sergio and the older players, Bryson and Dustin have reportedly been given 100m , who turns down that kind of money ?

Someone worth more who doesn't need another 100 million, because why would you need another 100 million? It's nuts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

I would imagine Tiger/JT/Spieth/Rahm/McIlroy/Scheffler/Morikawa have been offered that and more!

Gmac

I'm happy to watch good golf on any format or tour and I won't be worrying about millionaires and billionaires arguing . Don't know why people get excited about it .

trailer

Let's be brutally honest here. The guys who have went to the LIV tour are for the most part arseholes. Pat Perez, Garcia, Mickelson, Westwood, Poulter, Na, DJ, Bryson. Each one of them is a bigger w**ker than the last.

It's a comedy tour.

Puckoon

Setting aside the Saudi Arabian aspect for a moment.

I watched the LIV and I watched the PGA event this weekend. Even accounting for the fact that the PGA event was significantly more exciting than many PGA weekends, the PGA event far surpassed the LIV golf event in terms of format, competition, quality and presentation. The LIV event was a total damp squib - and that is being generous. Exhibition golf is not even the distant cousin of a competitive tour event. I would go further and say the LIV would come in behind the KF, the DP, the LPGA TOUR and even the Masters Drive Chip and Putt event. It was abysmal viewing, IMO.

It was like watching Steph Curry throwing 3s in practice, compared to him playing against the best in a competitive environment.

I don't see how LIV survives beyond a few years of hype.

Orior

Quote from: trailer on June 15, 2022, 09:40:04 AM
Let's be brutally honest here. The guys who have went to the LIV tour are for the most part arseholes. Pat Perez, Garcia, Mickelson, Westwood, Poulter, Na, DJ, Bryson. Each one of them is a bigger w**ker than the last.

It's a comedy tour.

Flip, that must be why they asked me too. Glad I turned them down.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

cornerback

US Open picks:
Sam Burns
Matt Fitzpatrick
Corey Conners
Shane Lowry (was hesitant with Lowry as he's paired with 2 LIV golfers for the first 2 rounds and the reception from the Boston crowd might be interesting but hopefully he rises to the positive reception that he's bound to receive)