Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanyb

Not sure if this is right but if someone can confirm. Is the U17 final, Tailteann Cup Final & Clare/Derry v Armagh/Galway Semi Final all a Triple header in Croke Park on Saturday 9th July??

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: seanyb on June 16, 2022, 09:55:49 AM
Not sure if this is right but if someone can confirm. Is the U17 final, Tailteann Cup Final & Clare/Derry v Armagh/Galway Semi Final all a Triple header in Croke Park on Saturday 9th July??
Be some scrap for tickets if so. Armagh would bring a serious crowd to a semi final if we get there as would Derry.

screenexile

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 16, 2022, 11:08:09 AM
Be some scrap for tickets if so. Armagh would bring a serious crowd to a semi final if we get there as would Derry.

I don't think they are having Minor games along with Senior games this year.

yellowcard

It could even be close to a full house for both AI semi finals if it was Kerry v Dublin and Armagh v Derry with a Tailteann Cup final on beforehand. Armagh v Derry with a Tailteann Cup final as the curtain raiser would break the 60k Ulster attendance record (bar 03 final) for the Armagh v Tyrone 2005 semi final.

seanyb

Quote from: screenexile on June 16, 2022, 11:36:30 AM

Unbelievable that these young lads won't get the opportunity to play an All Ireland Final in Croke Park if thats the case. Farce to be honest

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on June 16, 2022, 11:42:12 AM

It could even be close to a full house for both AI semi finals if it was Kerry v Dublin and Armagh v Derry with a Tailteann Cup final on beforehand. Armagh v Derry with a Tailteann Cup final as the curtain raiser would break the 60k Ulster attendance record (bar 03 final) for the Armagh v Tyrone 2005 semi final.
Yeah both of those games would be huge and very close to call. As would a Mayo Dublin semi final tbh. Heres hoping Armagh get there anyway!

Armagh18

Quote from: seanyb on June 16, 2022, 11:44:11 AM

Unbelievable that these young lads won't get the opportunity to play an All Ireland Final in Croke Park if thats the case. Farce to be honest
Yeah all ireland minor and u20 finals should definitely be in croker before a senior game to give those lads the experience.

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 16, 2022, 11:46:08 AM

Yeah all ireland minor and u20 finals should definitely be in croker before a senior game to give those lads the experience.

I'd be very surprised if they aren't in Croke Park as they've nearly always been played there. You would think that one of them should have provided the curtain raiser on AI final day.

Wildweasel74

I laugh at all these supporters with forward planning past the nxt game, usually ends in tears.

onefineday

Anyone know where the gaa outlined their position on this? The rationale they present would be interesting, the real reason more so!

Silver hill

Apparently the reason Croke park can't (or don't want to) do triple headers is down to stewarding. Something to do with contracts vans the length of the shift if it's a triple header. Why they don't publicise that given all the negative conjecture and speculation, I've no idea.
Common sense would have indicated a triple header on both days this weekend with the two minor games as the curtain raiser each day, Derry/Galway, Mayo /Kerry

thewobbler

Has anyone in history actually sat all the way through a triple header?

6-7 hrs on your arse in a plastic seat ain't much fun.

illdecide

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 16, 2022, 05:23:12 PM
I laugh at all these supporters with forward planning past the nxt game, usually ends in tears.

Correct...One game at a time for me. Armagh v Derry semi final?...lol. Can just as easy be a Galway v Clare semi final.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

balladmaker

Quote from: illdecide on June 21, 2022, 09:32:11 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 16, 2022, 05:23:12 PM

Correct...One game at a time for me. Armagh v Derry semi final?...lol. Can just as easy be a Galway v Clare semi final.

+1.  Bookies are not far away, Galway slight favourites, Galway/Armagh will be a kick of a ball between them, and maybe a refereeing decision thrown in to get a team over the line.

Whilst Sunday is looking like a full house ... it probably won't feel like that as sets of supporters from both games won't all be in the stadium at the same time with the coming and going.