Previous topic - Next topic

Is this a goal??

Yes
69 (76.7%)
No
21 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 89

screenexile

Big controversy in Derry over the County Final on Sunday which has thrown up a bit of ambiguity in the playing rules (Hard to believe I know).

Just thought I'd open it out to the whole board to gauge opinion on it. It caused quite a stir at the time and Social Media has been going a bit mad around here since.

What do we reckon??

orangeman

JoG2

If the ball was that far over at the end line would it be a wide/45 or at the side a line ball? I'd say so

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

guy crouchback

i would say goal, it appears to be behind the post, but then that could be the angle  the photo was taken at.

Rossfan

Is this the most pointless parochial thread ever?
I believe there were "incidents" after this game?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

omaghjoe

Typical discrimination in Derry football that Tyrone clubs continue to suffer from

stew

Given that snapshot hell no.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Club Rossa

No way is the whole of the ball over the line.

BennyHarp

Is that Declan O'Sullivan's arm photoshopped into the last picture?
That was never a square ball!!

BallyhaiseMan

The ball is not fully over the line in any those pictures.

rodney trotter

screenexile

It is slightly parochial but I'm a neutral and it's fairly contentious. People are saying "The whole ball isn't over the line" yet that wording is not used in the official guide.

Personally it makes no odds to me who won the match but the issue has fairly divided Derry and I thought it would be interesting to see what others thought of the incident. The Poll is a pretty resounding yes vote so far . . .

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: screenexile on October 21, 2014, 06:54:09 PM
It is slightly parochial but I'm a neutral and it's fairly contentious. People are saying "The whole ball isn't over the line" yet that wording is not used in the official guide.

Personally it makes no odds to me who won the match but the issue has fairly divided Derry and I thought it would be interesting to see what others thought of the incident. The Poll is a pretty resounding yes vote so far . . .

Surely it's common sense, even if its not in the rule book.

muppet

Is it not a penalty for the keeper touching it on the ground outside the small parallelogram?  ;)
MWWSI 2017