FIFA corruption

Started by seafoid, May 30, 2011, 03:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2014, 05:56:56 PM
How they voted for Qatar is a mystery.
They barely even play soccer in Qatar.

I was in Oman, down the road, a few years ago in June and it was impossible to walk outside at
2pm with the heat.
Even in the evening it was really hot.

It is absolute insanity playing the WC there.

It'd be great craic to watch in all fairness. Some quare team could even win the tournament.

Main Street

Though the Gulf States are grand in winter, perfect temperature and to have a WC Finals in such a small confined area would be just brilliant for the travelling football supporters.
Since  Italy 90 but more so USA 94, (Japan Korea excepted) the old tradition of having group games in a local area was ditched in favour of the insane spreading of a group across the length and breath of the host country. USA in particular was a farce, designed to have tens of thousands of supporters, travelling thousands of km, just to follow their team in the group games.

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/fifa-qatar-2022-world-cup-theo-zwanziger

The 2022 World Cup will not be held in Qatar because of the scorching temperatures in the Middle East country, the Fifa Executive Committee member Theo Zwanziger predicted on Monday.

"I personally think that in the end the 2022 World Cup will not take place in Qatar," the German told Sport Bild on Monday.

"Medics say that they cannot accept responsibility with a World Cup taking place under these conditions," the former German football (DFB) chief, who is now a member of the world football's governing body Fifa that awarded the tournament to Qatar in 2010.

Although Qatar has insisted that a summer World Cup is viable thanks to cooling technologies it is developing for stadiums, training areas and fan zones, there is still widespread concern over the health of the players and visiting supporters.

"They may be able to cool the stadiums but a World Cup does not take place only there," Zwanziger said.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Zip Code

Unfortunately it will or Qatar will bankrupt FIFA with legal action.

seafoid

Quote from: Zip Code on September 22, 2014, 03:18:09 PM
That would be no harm either

Qatar vs Fifa would be like plague vs famine
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on September 22, 2014, 03:23:57 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on September 22, 2014, 03:18:09 PM
That would be no harm either

Qatar vs Fifa would be like plague vs famine
;D

Kidder81

Had a good old LOLZ at Jim Boyce, when the FIFA reps were told to hand back their £16k watches he said he didn't even know he had it until he found it in a bag in his garage last week  ;D

Would say he has some pension fund salted away

ONeill

That was funny alright.

He said:

"A real watch? Holy fook, I thought that was a toy one."
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

foxcommander

Forget about the FIFA 20xx series football video games, I'd love it if they did a FIFA 2014 Administration video game.
Lie your way out of promises, hide that cash, hire henchmen to nobble opponents, avoid the press questioning your decisions, bribe other confederations and try stay chairman for as long as possible.

See if you can get to the golden 5 terms by any means possible.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Only because he didn't get a gold watch...
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Denn Forever

The Scottish, English and Northern Irish FAs all ignored FIFA's ruling about displaying poppies on their shirts.  The Welsh FA abided their directive.  FIFA are thinking about sanctioning the Welsh FA because some of their fans were wearing poppies.

FIFA as ever scoring own goals.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Gabriel_Hurl

Should be pointed out that NI did not wear poppies on their shirts.

QuoteIt is understood that the wearing of poppies by supporters in the stands is not a charge that the IFA is facing, but investigations are being carried out into the holding of a minute's silence, the laying of a wreath and a poppy display by fans.

rosnarun

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Brigin "soccer good gah bad" will be ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM