Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 31, 2022, 05:46:51 PM
I'm sure the Gaels of Ardara and Malin are delighted. This has nothing to do with the "Gaels of Ulster" Bully boy tactics .

The Gaels of Ardara might be a little aggrieved, but given that it's a shorter journey from Malin to Casement, those in that vicinity should be happy enough.

That's unless they're moaning plonkers.

The reality is, unless this is built somewhere between Omagh and Cookstown, it's not going to be central

It kinda had to be in a city if you want the infrastructure to support concerts/conferences etc

And let's face it, who wants to go to Derry City to get the car broken into  ;)

So it's kinda got to be Belfast

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on May 31, 2022, 07:06:41 PM
I'm sure the Gaels of Ardara and Malin are delighted. This has nothing to do with the "Gaels of Ulster" Bully boy tactics .

The Gaels of Ardara might be a little aggrieved, but given that it's a shorter journey from Malin to Casement, those in that vicinity should be happy enough.

The reality is, unless this is built somewhere between Omagh and Cookstown, it's not going to be central

It kinda had to be in a city if you want the infrastructure to support concerts/conferences etc

Yeah that's what I'm saying mid Ulster . So we agree.  Btw it shouldn't be in Derry or you haven't read my post and we have virtually zero car crime, you must be mixing us up with Belfast

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 31, 2022, 07:37:18 PM

Yeah that's what I'm saying mid Ulster . So we agree.  Btw it shouldn't be in Derry or you haven't read my post and we have virtually zero car crime, you must be mixing us up with Belfast

Just searched booking.com

There's no end of hotels and restaurants in Greencastle  ::)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on May 31, 2022, 08:13:56 PM

A hotel for Ulster final ? The New Spoilt Generation. Flask of Tae and back in house for Sunday Game

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 31, 2022, 09:42:39 PM

A hotel for Ulster final ? The New Spoilt Generation. Flask of Tae and back in house for Sunday Game

Well fcuk me you're in luck then

It takes less time to get from Belfast to Derry, than it does from Clones to Derry

So now you might even catch the tail end of Glenroe

Belfast it is then

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on May 31, 2022, 10:04:24 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 31, 2022, 09:42:39 PM

Well fcuk me you're in luck then

It takes less time to get from Belfast to Derry, than it does from Clones to Derry

So now you might even catch the tail end of Glenroe

Belfast it is then

Met Miley once sound man and makes a great ham sandwich to be fair. Thinks on others before himself ,civil cratur

marty34

Build the new stadium in south Derry.

Close enough to east Tyrone and south west Antrim (Cargin, Creggan and Portglenone etc.

Close to the motorway and by-pass up into the Cookstown area.

Ideal spot.

red hander

All this bullshit .Stop it.It's going to be built in west Belfast, our second city. Rightly so.

Loughshore2022

Casement Park was one of my favourite sports grounds. One of my favourite childhood memories is the 2000 Derry Antrim drawn game. However by the looks of the plans it will be a soulless looking stadium losing all of what made it such an iconic place. I also don't like Belfast.

Eire90

will antrim even get that big of a crowd for hurling matches or  football matches

Eire90

will club teams get access to it  or is it just for antrim and ulster

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Eire90 on June 01, 2022, 12:06:21 AM
Will depend on what concerts they have on.

lurganblue

Absolutely fantastic that this is finally going to be sorted.

My memory of big games in Casement for Armagh were usually happy ones.  An absolute ballix for match day parking though.

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on May 31, 2022, 06:00:08 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 31, 2022, 05:51:47 PM
Quote from: marty34 on May 31, 2022, 05:50:32 PM

What about the Gaels of Portaferry etc.?

and the ones in Portavogie.

And Donaghadee.  :)

don't laugh, we've a few wee camogs from Portavogie in the pipeline, Donaghadee is a step too far though  ;D

Quote from: Eire90 on June 01, 2022, 12:06:21 AM

If you're expecting the South Antrim primary school finals to be played there, then that's a no.

Ulster Club championship games at best played there.