The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 31, 2022, 11:52:34 AM
I'm still struggling with the offside goal.. I get that he said it was an unintentional pass, but if you slide it to play the ball, the direction it goes is down to how you tried to play it, that aside Robertson behind the attacker as the ball was played, my limited knowledge of soccer didnt realise this didn't interfere with being onside or not..

There was two rules I picked up on today.. There is no way a girl can understand the offside rule!  :D

Did you do Madrid -1 ?  :D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 31, 2022, 11:38:16 AM
It wasn't just the scenes before either. It was the lack of policing after and the amount of incidents due to it. Free rein for local gangs etc.

Between this and the last euro final it wouldn't inspire you to go to any major soccer finals.

Heard from Liverpool fans who've been to the previous finals in Kiev and Madrid in recent years and there's been no issues at all but they've been left a bit traumatised by this one.  There's seasoned supporters who go to a lot of away games in Europe saying the same thing - they don't feel at this time they'd go to another final if they have the chance.  It was pretty grim.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Henry Winters from the Times was on OTB yesterday. His take on it is that the French police had a preconceived idea fixed in their minds of English supporters and that they were going to take a hard nosed approach and that set the scene for what unfolded. He compared it to German policing which is less judgemental and more pragmatic. 

It's now just been a couple of days since the game and we now know that the Police made a monumental fcuk up in how they 'managed' things before and after the match, which luckily narrowly avoided disaster, UEFA lied on Saturday night and the French Government subsequently lied yesterday about the ticket situation.  Now the French police are turning on their own Government.  Didn't think we could go back to these days.  A bad state of affairs.

JoG2

Quote from: Armamike on May 31, 2022, 12:17:33 PM
It wasn't just the scenes before either. It was the lack of policing after and the amount of incidents due to it. Free rein for local gangs etc.

Between this and the last euro final it wouldn't inspire you to go to any major soccer finals.

Heard from Liverpool fans who've been to the previous finals in Kiev and Madrid in recent years and there's been no issues at all but they've been left a bit traumatised by this one.  There's seasoned supporters who go to a lot of away games in Europe saying the same thing - they don't feel at this time they'd go to another final if they have the chance.  It was pretty grim.

Same, seasoned European away day veterans who haven't left their houses since they got home on Sunday / Monday, traumatised.

Taylor

Quote from: JoG2 on May 31, 2022, 12:31:17 PM

Same, seasoned European away day veterans who haven't left their houses since they got home on Sunday / Monday, traumatised.

Wont leave their house?

Do they live in Paris?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on May 31, 2022, 11:55:25 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 31, 2022, 11:52:34 AM
I'm still struggling with the offside goal.. I get that he said it was an unintentional pass, but if you slide it to play the ball, the direction it goes is down to how you tried to play it, that aside Robertson behind the attacker as the ball was played, my limited knowledge of soccer didnt realise this didn't interfere with being onside or not..

There was two rules I picked up on today.. There is no way a girl can understand the offside rule!  :D

Did you do Madrid -1 ?  :D

I was out and stayed away from it completely .. was tempted with another 0-0.. which at 9/1 having done that for the FA cup final was a good looking bet..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Taylor on May 31, 2022, 12:33:35 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 31, 2022, 12:31:17 PM

Wont leave their house?

Do they live in Paris?

Liverpool, PTSD most likely. Extremely traumatic for so many

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on May 31, 2022, 12:30:41 PM
Henry Winters from the Times was on OTB yesterday. His take on it is that the French police had a preconceived idea fixed in their minds of English supporters and that they were going to take a hard nosed approach and that set the scene for what unfolded. He compared it to German policing which is less judgemental and more pragmatic. 

It's now just been a couple of days since the game and we now know that the Police made a monumental fcuk up in how they 'managed' things before and after the match, which luckily narrowly avoided disaster, UEFA lied on Saturday night and the French Government subsequently lied yesterday about the ticket situation.  Now the French police are turning on their own Government.  Didn't think we could go back to these days.  A bad state of affairs.

Its a view point taken on just soccer fans and no other sporting occasion gets the same level of approach by police, that attitude needs to change, was there any hassle in any of the games Liverpool have been to recently away from home? Did the police apply the same tactics as they did in Paris?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

I don't think so.  I don't know of any trouble or complaints about policing.  At group games in Europe we're  only talking about 2000-3000 away supporters I guess so a lot smaller numbers.

RedHand88

So the French have held another press conference today where they presented "a fake ticket" as some sort of proof that 40,000 fans turned up with fake tickets or no tickets. It is abhorrent that they are still trying to defend what happened. Thank god nobody is believing them

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 31, 2022, 03:06:04 PM
So the French have held another press conference today where they presented "a fake ticket" as some sort of proof that 40,000 fans turned up with fake tickets or no tickets. It is abhorrent that they are still trying to defend what happened. Thank god nobody is believing them

Every game there are fake tickets,  there has to be some level of acknowledgment that this will be the case. The notion of widespread fake tickets to the levels the French are suggesting is simply ludicrous.

quit yo jibbajabba

Jeebus if twitter had been about in the Hillsborough days there would have been some change to the narrative put out back then.

Actually quite powerful to see the number of people sharing their stories. But yeah one ticket will still be enough for some people to know what went down 😉

From the Bunker

Armamike