Restaurants in Belfast?

Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 24, 2009, 02:33:33 PM
Quote from: laceer on January 24, 2009, 12:01:08 PM
That man in Harry Ramsdens was a bellend.The shop would be empty and he'd be shouting ORDER ON at some boy standing about 2 foot away.

Temps was always good craic after a night out. Does anyone remember Temp FM - oul malteaser head was the dj - good times

I can remember being in that place on my birthday one year at about 2.30-3.00 and the guy gave me a big glass of cooking wine...lol

remember that well pat he certainly looked after you that night

The Watcher Pat

Was good job alright...

G's man you should have taken her to The morning star..All you can eat buffet at lunchtime for about a fiver....lol

Or Katy Dalys on a Monday or Tuesday 12-1 They used to do 2 for 1 meals not sure if its still going on...2 steak and champ with onion rings mushrooms and peppered sauce for £8...Happy days
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Donagh

Quote from: behind the wire on January 24, 2009, 10:49:52 AM
is may dead donagh? i knew she was retired but didnt hear she was dead!

used to eat in there near every day, is noel still there talkin about kerry?

i have made a return to the student life until june so il maybe take a wee trip down to the chap and see if i can still get a cheap feed.

Aye, she's gone over a year now, maybe longer - wasn't that long after she left. Not as cheap as it used to be but still the best value around.   

behind the wire

Quote from: Donagh on January 24, 2009, 03:16:08 PM
Quote from: behind the wire on January 24, 2009, 10:49:52 AM
is may dead donagh? i knew she was retired but didnt hear she was dead!

used to eat in there near every day, is noel still there talkin about kerry?

i have made a return to the student life until june so il maybe take a wee trip down to the chap and see if i can still get a cheap feed.

Aye, she's gone over a year now, maybe longer - wasn't that long after she left. Not as cheap as it used to be but still the best value around.   

i didnt know that at all. she made terrible tea but was good craic and very generous. must call in on tuesday and see if things have changed much.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

The Gs Man

Jaysus, didn't know this thread was still running!

Ended up going to the Pot Belly in Gilford.  Great feed it was too.

But thanks for the suggestions.....Im sure I'll go to a few of them at some stage.
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

Did you leave with a pot belly?
Testing Accessibility

The Gs Man

I did indeed Zig!  She's standing doing the ironing at the minute......har har
Keep 'er lit

gawa316

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on January 13, 2009, 04:41:43 PM
Quote from: Joxer on January 13, 2009, 02:50:26 PM
Are any of these near the odyssey lads? Going to a concert there next week now and looking for somewhere tasty.  I was told about that Scallinis, What is it like?

Only one place to go to pre Odyssey - Tedfords - next to Donegall Quay Car Park and a five minute walk to the Odyssey. Exceptional Food.

Going up to see Snow Patrol tthe Odyssey, is this Tedford's worth a visit for a pre-concert feed?

under the bar

QuoteOnly one place to go to pre Odyssey - Tedfords - next to Donegall Quay Car Park and a five minute walk to the Odyssey. Exceptional Food.

Going up to see Snow Patrol tthe Odyssey, is this Tedford's worth a visit for a pre-concert feed?

Only went once.  My experience was that it was a bit stuffy and way overpriced for a fish restaurant.

Go to Mourne Seafood bar if you want excellent seafood at decent prices and plenty of atmosphere.  Next door to Kellys.

gawa316

Quote from: under the bar on March 06, 2009, 04:38:13 PM
QuoteOnly one place to go to pre Odyssey - Tedfords - next to Donegall Quay Car Park and a five minute walk to the Odyssey. Exceptional Food.

Only went once.  My experience was that it was a bit stuffy and way overpriced for a fish restaurant.

Go to Mourne Seafood bar if you want excellent seafood at decent prices and plenty of atmosphere.  Next door to Kellys.

We're staying at the Merchant, is it walking distance from it?

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: gawa316 on March 06, 2009, 04:44:16 PM

#

You could hit it with a 5 iron its that close

gawa316

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on March 06, 2009, 06:26:11 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on March 06, 2009, 04:44:16 PM

#

You could hit it with a 5 iron its that close

Are you taking into consideration my outrageous slice? :D

milltown row

as long as your slice goes right, though a 3 wood would be a better club

FermPundit

All this talk of golf clubs is really silly, but I hear you can get a great sand wedge in Telfords at a very reasonable price.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Declan

Right folks - Got some great pointers re hotels earlier in the year and am heading up there in a couple of weeks for a wedding anniversary weekend - Any recommendations for a nice restaurant on a Sat night in Belfast?