Restaurants in Belfast?

Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: bigfrank on January 14, 2009, 01:20:40 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on January 14, 2009, 01:17:59 PM
A thread named "Restaurants in Belfast" has managed to put me on a downer. f**k I wish I was at uni again, a Wednesday too!!! Prob be in the Hat now, then go to Bot later if able to make it.

f**k this.

Pack up your stuff and i will meet u there,just ask for Big Frank when u get to the hatfield,i be in the corner with a pint of harp and the racing post! Nail the Bot later and a bite to eat and ur favourite feedin hole :o :o

Gimme an hour til I sort this paperwork.  Jesus if it was only that simple!  Not a care in the world!  Got a letter to say I have to start paying back the old student loan come April  >:(

Worth every penny though  ;D
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

bigfrank

I would do it all again in the morning!! ;) ;)

stiffler

Quote from: Franko on January 14, 2009, 01:11:44 PM
Top Student Eating Houses (in no particular order)

Temps - (which generally ended up with an insult being fired at old hot chocolate followed by a request to leave)

Centra Botanic - (roll and a bottle of lucozade was the real ticket)

Harry Ramsdens Botanic - on a soberish evening

The chaplaincy - couldnt beat wee Mary for a chap special (had to be almost sober for this)

Esperanto's - only when clean airlocked

Helens - the greasiest fry served by two aul chatterboxes - but it was deadly for the cure (and close to the hatfield)

Cafe Ro-An - something similar (the forerunner to Helen's)

The Hatfield/Renshaws baskets - just the ticket for a thirsty student in the throes of a rip of drink

Feel free to add...

Great post.

There was a lad who we lived with who called harry ramsdens harry renshaws all the time, even when we said to him its ramsdens not renshaws, he kept making the same mistake!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

charlie stubbs

Quote from: stiffler on January 23, 2009, 05:55:31 PM

Temps - (which generally ended up with an insult being fired at old hot chocolate followed by a request to leave)

The chaplaincy - couldnt beat wee Mary for a chap special (had to be almost sober for this)

Helens - the greasiest fry served by two aul chatterboxes - but it was deadly for the cure (and close to the hatfield)

The Hatfield/Renshaws baskets - just the ticket for a thirsty student in the throes of a rip of drink

Feel free to add...

Great post.

There was a lad who we lived with who called harry ramsdens harry renshaws all the time, even when we said to him its ramsdens not renshaws, he kept making the same mistake!

used to love his gravy chips from the barracuda 2 stifler if im not mistaken.  he didnt even use a fork ate the gravy chips with bare hands then licked the gravy off his fingers.lol.complete clown of a man

Rav67

The "hot Hat bites" provided some much-needed substenance on many's a day's rip.  f**kers don't do them any more, at least they didnt on new years day there.  Renshaws baskets were clean minging!

armagh leg-end

Feel free to add...

cafe ro-an gone. a new place open opposite the hat is news extra, not a bad place!!

maggie mays isnt too bad and handy in botantic!!

also meal n pint for a fiver in the Globe not too bad!
Ard Mhacha Abu

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Rav67 on January 23, 2009, 07:44:09 PM

The "hot Hat bites" provided some much-needed substenance on many's a day's rip.  f**kers don't do them any more, at least they didnt on new years day there.  Renshaws baskets were clean minging!

Cowboy Supper in the Hat, cheap and cheerful, did the job... Two big sausages, chips and a loda beans, what more could you want?

armagh leg-end

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 23, 2009, 07:48:48 PM

Cowboy Supper in the Hat, cheap and cheerful, did the job... Two big sausages, chips and a loda beans, what more could you want?

with a pint or a half'un and the irish news!!
Ard Mhacha Abu

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: armagh leg-end on January 23, 2009, 07:52:29 PM

Thats it, checking out the horses...

Cant wait for this QUB Poly match now for a good old fashioned rip...

charlie stubbs

baskets in shaws did the job.  meant didnt lose my seat, normally at the window.far better place than hat 4 an all day rip, its poison pure skin tight and u go to the bar to ge a pint and come back with half a pint coz it been knocked all over place

armagh leg-end

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 23, 2009, 07:55:50 PM
Quote from: armagh leg-end on January 23, 2009, 07:52:29 PM

Thats it, checking out the horses...

Cant wait for this QUB Poly match now for a good old fashioned rip...

qwl i hope i would have to wait that long....rip in the hat this monday is on the agenda!!lol
Ard Mhacha Abu

Overthebar!

take her to maggie mays lad.....
ye can even bring in your own drink, make sure she pays her way tho-21st century and that!

behind the wire

Quote from: Donagh on January 14, 2009, 01:21:07 PM

Feel free to add...

One's closed and the other is dead. As happens the best of us, you gown up, move on and student trends change...

is may dead donagh? i knew she was retired but didnt hear she was dead!

used to eat in there near every day, is noel still there talkin about kerry?

i have made a return to the student life until june so il maybe take a wee trip down to the chap and see if i can still get a cheap feed.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

laceer

That man in Harry Ramsdens was a bellend.The shop would be empty and he'd be shouting ORDER ON at some boy standing about 2 foot away.

Temps was always good craic after a night out. Does anyone remember Temp FM - oul malteaser head was the dj - good times

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: laceer on January 24, 2009, 12:01:08 PM
That man in Harry Ramsdens was a bellend.The shop would be empty and he'd be shouting ORDER ON at some boy standing about 2 foot away.

Temps was always good craic after a night out. Does anyone remember Temp FM - oul malteaser head was the dj - good times

I can remember being in that place on my birthday one year at about 2.30-3.00 and the guy gave me a big glass of cooking wine...lol
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME