Restaurants in Belfast?

Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Can anyone recommend a decent restaurant in Belfast for dinner?

It's for the wife's birthday, so nothing too pricey.... :)
Keep 'er lit

under the bar

For a bit of class in beautiful surroundings thats noit extortionate like Deanes ou can't beat Bourbon beside The Crown.   The Square on Dublin road is a little more plain inside but grea food.

If you like seafood try the Mourne Seafood Bar beside Kellys cellars.  Very reasonable and a great atmosphere.

If you are a complete tight arse go onto www.5pm.co.uk but yr missus wont be too impressed when the restaurant announce you are on the cheapo menu for her birthday! :P

Minder

Nicks Warehouse is very good & Deanes Deli is nice and isnt too expensive, compared to the main restaurant anyway.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rois

For something different, try Made in Belfast, down the street beside the Northern Bank.  It's quirky and the food is lovely - they serve chips in tin cups and burgers on Belfast Baps.  Not too dear either.

Or Zen chinese on Adelaide Street, which was my favourite restaurant until Made in Belfast came along.

Franko

Quote from: under the bar on January 13, 2009, 01:21:13 PM
For a bit of class in beautiful surroundings thats noit extortionate like Deanes ou can't beat Bourbon beside The Crown.   The Square on Dublin road is a little more plain inside but grea food.

If you like seafood try the Mourne Seafood Bar beside Kellys cellars.  Very reasonable and a great atmosphere.

If you are a complete tight arse go onto www.5pm.co.uk but yr missus wont be too impressed when the restaurant announce you are on the cheapo menu for her birthday! :P

Have to agree, the food and atmosphere in bourbon is top notch but i find it depends a lot on the table you get.

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Gold

Quote from: Chrisowc on January 13, 2009, 01:51:57 PM
Goodfellas takes some beating.

If its flat coke your looking for.

Go to Villa Italia or Scalinis, good food, service and not too expensive
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

saffron sam2

Quote from: Rois on January 13, 2009, 01:50:08 PM
For something different, try Made in Belfast, down the street beside the Northern Bank.  It's quirky and the food is lovely - they serve chips in tin cups and burgers on Belfast Baps.  Not too dear either.

Or Zen chinese on Adelaide Street, which was my favourite restaurant until Made in Belfast came along.

Is Zen not Japanese?

Best Chinese is Macau on the Ormeau Road.

Always liked L'Etoile also. Not sure if it is still there.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Rois

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 13, 2009, 02:06:06 PM

Is Zen not Japanese?

I guess to give it it's correct name it's "fusion" - not strictly Japanese but prob more so than chinese (though you can get sweet and sour!) so I stand corrected.

L'Etoile is still there surely.  It has never been a favouite of mine cause of the limited menu that hasn't changed since I've known the place.  But I can see why people like it. 

http://www.madeinbelfastni.com/

youngfella

how about the edge ? by the BT tower
Pull hard and early

Joxer

Are any of these near the odyssey lads? Going to a concert there next week now and looking for somewhere tasty.  I was told about that Scallinis, What is it like?

Mickey Linden

I reckon Villa Italia is hard to beat Gs man. Not expensive at all either! It has a great menu, great food and great service so will be hard to beat!

under the bar

QuoteFor something different, try Made in Belfast, down the street beside the Northern Bank.  It's quirky and the food is lovely - they serve chips in tin cups and burgers on Belfast Baps.  Not too dear either.

Quirky food but lacking in quality.  Like pub food but at 2-3 times the price.   Your mum could make it!

charlie stubbs

villa italia not bad i like ryans on the lisburn road though.  they used do meal deal 2 starters 2 steaks 4 £25 during the week.chicken wings as a starter are lovely best had in a while, steaks tasty 2