Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2022, 10:17:35 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on March 30, 2022, 09:58:36 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on March 30, 2022, 08:47:55 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on March 30, 2022, 08:38:08 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on March 30, 2022, 08:29:49 PM
So...Belfast. What are the restaurants worth a visit?

Budget?

Nothing high end with tiny portions. I want to leave with a full stomach!  :D

Avoid ox or Deane's then.

Mourne seafood is hard to beat. Or shu on the lisburn rd.

A mate of mine went to Ox for a wedding present for his brother ... £650 lol!!

Plenty or places for decent grub for good grubbers .. All depends were you want to hang around, Coppi, and Mumbai 27, 2Taps around the Cathedral quarter..
Fish City is a wee gem in Anne street Zizzi in Victoria square, the Cubby Cherub I was at recently was good. Coco at the back of City hall is very good, also Flame and Howard street will give you a decent filling..

The Morning Star do a great stake and a proper pint in a good pup.. Shu is a bit out of town but been very good for food for years.  Sweet Afton will give you plenty on your plate..

The Mourne seafood is in a great spot next door to Kelly Cellars and around the corner from there is the Havana bank square.. oh might head out this weekend!
Is it not a bit tough?

NAG1

If you thought some of these places were pricey before, wait to the tax goes back to pre-covid level as the break is now over today.

Directly passed through to the customers.

tbrick18

tyrone08

Quote from: NAG1 on March 31, 2022, 09:40:04 AM
If you thought some of these places were pricey before, wait to the tax goes back to pre-covid level as the break is now over today.

Belfast has gone to the dogs for prices. Same hotel in June for 1 night last year was £50 for 1 person. Its now £150 for 1 night. Its a  basic budget hotel.

Although they must still be getting customers even at those prices.

Snapchap

Thanks for the recommendations folks. In Belfast at the weekend so will endeavor to try some of these.

imtommygunn

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 31, 2022, 10:25:39 AM

Belfast has gone to the dogs for prices. Same hotel in June for 1 night last year was £50 for 1 person. Its now £150 for 1 night. Its a  basic budget hotel.

It's got out of hand. With that tourist tax it'll soon change. The DUP are doing all they can to kill tourism so Belfast will be quiet enough soon enough and cheaper if they have their way.

johnnycool

Budget?

Plenty or places for decent grub for good grubbers .. All depends were you want to hang around, Coppi, and Mumbai 27, 2Taps around the Cathedral quarter..
Fish City is a wee gem in Anne street Zizzi in Victoria square, the Cubby Cherub I was at recently was good. Coco at the back of City hall is very good, also Flame and Howard street will give you a decent filling..

The Morning Star do a great stake and a proper pint in a good pup.. Shu is a bit out of town but been very good for food for years.  Sweet Afton will give you plenty on your plate..

The Mourne seafood is in a great spot next door to Kelly Cellars and around the corner from there is the Havana bank square.. oh might head out this weekend!

Are you ever in?

screenexile

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 31, 2022, 08:00:13 AM
Stock at Georges Market is a great spot. Mourne Seafood and Copi have also been mentioned. Stix and Stones isn't bad

Love Stix and Stones but the only drawback was smelling of steak for the rest of the night!!

My favourites:

Morning Star - Nothing Fancy just good steak and good stout
Made in Belfast - Had a good feed in there last year
3 Levels Asian Fusion - Teppanyaki restaurants are always good for something a bit different
Shed Bistro - Good food and a good atmosphere
Villa Italia - Been going here for years it's not expensive and decent Italian food

quit yo jibbajabba

cornerback

Tedfords Kitchen - Great food
Given it's location I would say it's very busy pre-show if there's anything on at the waterfront

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on March 31, 2022, 09:29:50 AM

Budget?

Is it not a bit tough?

Only if you are a vampire  ;D... stupid phone
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

21 of us in Havana on Saturday night past, was really really good. Food was great, staff were brilliant, highly recommend

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2022, 10:57:24 AM

It's got out of hand. With that tourist tax it'll soon change. The DUP are doing all they can to kill tourism so Belfast will be quiet enough soon enough and cheaper if they have their way.
Hotel owners are doing their bit to kill it by price gouging. Some of the prices are absolutely mental and eventually people will wise up and stop paying them. If out of towners stop coming due to hotel prices, a lot of the hotels, bars and restaurants might wonder why there aren't as many people around - 6 quid for a pint and 200 quid for a bog standard hotel in a city that is absolutely stinking can't be sustainable.

James St. is hard to beat.

Keyser soze

tyrone08

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 31, 2022, 02:05:22 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2022, 10:57:24 AM

Hotel owners are doing their bit to kill it by orientation gouging. Some of the prices are absolutely mental and eventually people will wise up and stop paying them. If out of towners stop coming due to hotel prices, a lot of the hotels, bars and restaurants might wonder why there aren't as many people around - 6 quid for a pint and 200 quid for a bog standard hotel in a city that is absolutely stinking can't be sustainable.

James St. is hard to beat.

What u can't get my head around is that people are either willing to pay it or can afford to pay it. Used to stay in Belfast with the wife in an hotel every few months, won't be doing that again given the current prices.