Restaurants in Belfast?

Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: under the bar on December 29, 2014, 11:41:35 PM
Ox is good but don't go looking a big feed.  Small but rich portions of meat and veg, virtually zero spuds/carbs on the plate hence the fact you'll prob still leave hungry if you go there starving!   
If I want a big feed of spuds I'll do them at home and save myself 100 quid.  ;)

ONeill

Quote from: under the bar on December 29, 2014, 11:41:35 PM
Ox is good but don't go looking a big feed.  Small but rich portions of meat and veg, virtually zero spuds/carbs on the plate hence the fact you'll prob still leave hungry if you go there starving!   

What did you have?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

CD

Quote from: gallsman on December 29, 2014, 09:02:33 PM
Going to porterhouse on Lisburn road at the weekend. Anyone been?
A couple of times Gallsman. Never been disappointed - lovely piece of steak!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Santino

Archana Indian on Dublin Rd is great!

seanaglis

Havent been down to belfast for a night out much since my student days. Is temps or the kam wah still open in botanic?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seanaglis on December 31, 2014, 09:39:02 AM
Havent been down to belfast for a night out much since my student days. Is temps or the kam wah still open in botanic?
I think the Kam Wah is long gone. Did anyone ever eat in there whilst sober? I was only there about 2am.

Milltown Row2

Anyone tried Home restaurant in Wellington place? Going this weekend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

The Bearded One

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 31, 2014, 11:12:18 AM
I think the Kam Wah is long gone. Did anyone ever eat in there whilst sober? I was only there about 2am.

What did you call the crazy man who used to work the Mike in Temps? Was he Tony? We used to buy serious feeds in that place after a night out and the craic was as good in there as it was in the local pubs!!
It is what it is. Presumably.

DownFanatic

Quote from: The Bearded One on December 31, 2014, 01:37:48 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 31, 2014, 11:12:18 AM

What did you call the crazy man who used to work the Mike in Temps? Was he Tony? We used to buy serious feeds in that place after a night out and the craic was as good in there as it was in the local pubs!!

Used to be able to write on the walls in Temps and it was always good Craic antagonising the bouncers there too :)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on August 25, 2014, 10:39:41 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2014, 12:08:15 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 24, 2013, 10:26:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 24, 2013, 10:09:55 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 24, 2013, 09:57:03 PM
Not cheap but tremendous.

A Michelin in waiting.
A wha?

Never mind Kelstar boy!!!!!!!!!!
Joke all ye want, have seen fcuk all from the pseudo snobs on this thread that'd bate the Kelstar.
And, no, I'm not joking.

Let's face it, at 2 in the morning, 8 stout & 4 Jameson in ye.....

a) Southern Fried Chicken fillet burger & Curry chip
or
b) The most beautiful wee bit of chicken the size of yer thumb from the Ox?

Get up the yard ffs.

Shove this up yer pastie bap hole:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/belfast-restaurant-ox-named-northern-irelands-finest-30532200.html
Now has a Michelin star.

Soup an Samajiz

Just found a place I'd never noticed before, Darcy's right next to Lavery's Pub up by Shaftsbury Sq, good if you don't want to venture into city centre, really nice food and great value if your there for the early bird esspecially
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

TheOptimist

Don't know if its been mentioned here, but for quiet atmosphere, food and beer I always love a meal in Molly's Yard. Lovely spot altogether.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TheOptimist on September 17, 2015, 10:40:12 AM
Don't know if its been mentioned here, but for quiet atmosphere, food and beer I always love a meal in Molly's Yard. Lovely spot altogether.

Yep great spot, good food.. anyone been to The Saphyre Restaurant? heard food is great but expensive?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 17, 2015, 03:13:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2015, 01:46:26 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on September 17, 2015, 10:40:12 AM

Yep great spot, good food.. anyone been to The Saphyre Restaurant? heard food is great but expensive?
Have your dinner before you go.

One of those ones?? Ah feck that.. ripped off and still hungry spots