Restaurants in Belfast?

Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: general_lee on September 12, 2014, 01:36:43 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 12, 2014, 12:53:08 PM
Quote from: general on September 12, 2014, 11:23:01 AM
If anyone is wanting an informal lunch or dinner, Bojum is a great spot. it is mexican and offers fajita's etc. Very very tasty, one beside victoria square and one on botanic. Seating available, £6 approx per feed.

Portion sizes have reduced lately
Can't say I'm dying about Boojum - has the novelty still not worn off?

When it first opened I thought it was ok, but having to queue up on the street alongside a shower of students and hipster gimps keen on getting their next Boojum t-shirt just isn't worth it anymore.

Chalco's is far superior to Boojum. Run by an actual Mexican too.

Coppi in St. Anne's Square is very tasty, as its sister restaurant Il Pirata in Ballyhackamore.

Birdcage on Stranmillis is good too (although hipstery - drinks served in jars etc) although service can be shit.

Walter Cronc

It ain't a proper burrito until fish is on the menu!

NAG1

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 11, 2014, 11:32:42 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 11, 2014, 10:30:08 AM
Does this ring true?

http://viralfury.com/this-restaurant-kept-getting-awful-reviews-then-they-discovered-something-mind-blowing/

Nice one DF. :)

This drives me insane, would love to find a restaurant that doesnt have wifi or even phone signal and actively discourages picture taking of the food. Dont mean to sound like a grinch, but i do find it highly annoying even in a group setting someone messing about on their phone when its supposed to be about having a chat and a bit of craic.

rant over

muppet

Quote from: NAG1 on November 11, 2014, 11:54:48 AM
Does this ring true?

http://viralfury.com/this-restaurant-kept-getting-awful-reviews-then-they-discovered-something-mind-blowing/

This drives me insane, would love to find a restaurant that doesnt have wifi or even phone signal and actively discourages picture taking of the food. Dont mean to sound like a grinch, but i do find it highly annoying even in a group setting someone messing about on their phone when its supposed to be about having a chat and a bit of craic.

rant over

Go on, you are at a restaurant right now aren't you?
MWWSI 2017

NAG1

Quote from: muppet on November 11, 2014, 03:43:35 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 11, 2014, 11:54:48 AM
Does this ring true?

rant over

Go on, you are at a restaurant right now aren't you?

How did you guess my subterfuge  ;)

Tony Baloney

Ox was named in one of the Sunday nationals by a restaurant critic as one of their 5 favourite restaurants of the year.

I think it was A'Nail singing its praises a while ago.

gallsman

Going to porterhouse on Lisburn road at the weekend. Anyone been?

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 29, 2014, 08:55:27 PM
Ox was named in one of the Sunday nationals by a restaurant critic as one of their 5 favourite restaurants of the year.

It even does pollan. POLLAN!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Anyone know if "Ringo's" is still trading?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on December 29, 2014, 09:49:45 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 29, 2014, 08:55:27 PM

It even does pollan. POLLAN!
Will have to pay it a visit on the rare opportunity of a night out.

ONeill

On a serious note, it's a clinker. A special occasion OK and you'll look at the portions and think WTF. But you'll leave full to the gills knowing you've tasted the best prepared food in the city. And the wine is up there.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on December 29, 2014, 11:15:07 PM
On a serious note, it's a clinker. A special occasion OK and you'll look at the portions and think WTF. But you'll leave full to the gills knowing you've tasted the best prepared food in the city. And the wine is up there.
Aye it would def be a special occasion job for us. I remember Hardstation's critique of your review  ;D

ONeill

To be fair to HS, his ma makes a quare pie.

under the bar

Ox is good but don't go looking a big feed.  Small but rich portions of meat and veg, virtually zero spuds/carbs on the plate hence the fact you'll prob still leave hungry if you go there starving!