Restaurants in Belfast?

Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Quote from: Minder on September 12, 2014, 09:54:00 AM
Anyone tried the Ginger Bistro ?

Did about a year ago, pretty good from what I remember.

Anyone else I know that went there also seemed to like it.

general

If anyone is wanting an informal lunch or dinner, Bojum is a great spot. it is mexican and offers fajita's etc. Very very tasty, one beside victoria square and one on botanic. Seating available, £6 approx per feed.

glens abu

Should also try Cafe Havana,well worth a visit and still doing 2for 1 lunches

Minder

Quote from: general on September 12, 2014, 11:23:01 AM
If anyone is wanting an informal lunch or dinner, Bojum is a great spot. it is mexican and offers fajita's etc. Very very tasty, one beside victoria square and one on botanic. Seating available, £6 approx per feed.

Portion sizes have reduced lately
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

general_lee

Quote from: Minder on September 12, 2014, 12:53:08 PM

Can't say I'm dying about Boojum - has the novelty still not worn off?

When it first opened I thought it was ok, but having to queue up on the street alongside a shower of students and hipster gimps keen on getting their next Boojum t-shirt just isn't worth it anymore.

An Gaeilgoir

Was there yesterday, had a lovely feed, reasonably priced too.. went there around 6, so we had the choice between pre- theatre or main menu..

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on September 12, 2014, 02:52:53 PM

Was there yesterday, had a lovely feed, reasonably priced too.. went there around 6, so we had the choice between pre- theatre or main menu..

Always rated Ginger! Excellent place, with top notch staff, extremely friendly & always have a yarn with you when you're in. Food's great, but maybe sometimes the menu can be a bit predictable, if you go too often, but otherwise I would highly recommend it, have been going to it for years.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on September 12, 2014, 12:53:08 PM

I think you have got bigger.

I'm going to Ginger in a couple of weeks. I'll report back.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 12, 2014, 08:44:23 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on September 12, 2014, 02:52:53 PM

Always rated Ginger! Excellent place, with top notch staff, extremely friendly & always have a yarn with you when you're in. Food's great, but maybe sometimes the menu can be a bit predictable, if you go too often, but otherwise I would highly recommend it, have been going to it for years.
would you need to book it for a lunch time?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

playwiththewind1st

Don't know, is short answer. Think you're safe enough at lunchtime. Certainly Saturday lunchtime is easy to get in.

giveherlong

Any good deals/offers for 2 on a thurs night in the city centre?

screenexile

Quote from: giveherlong on September 25, 2014, 03:03:40 PM

I don't know about anyone else but I'd be partial to a Pizza Express when herself and I hit the City and don't want anything too fancy. The vouchers are excellent!

johnneycool

Quote from: screenexile on September 25, 2014, 03:11:27 PM

I don't know about anyone else but I'd be partial to a Pizza Express when herself and I hit the City and don't want anything too fancy. The vouchers are excellent!

Who says romance is dead, eh?

screenexile

Quote from: johnneycool on September 25, 2014, 04:47:58 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 25, 2014, 03:11:27 PM

Who says romance is dead, eh?

It's always her idea... I'm forever wanting to Deane's but she won't have it!!

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...