Restaurants in Belfast?

Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

The Cheeky Cherrub in Howard Street.  Good italian food, and not too pricey.
That's just, like your opinion man.

ONeill

Kelstar chicken = balls from a dog. From the horse's mouth.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mikhailov

will be in Belfast this weekend for 2 nights to keep the missus happy - is there any recommended pub that I can watch the AI semi final on Sunday afternoon.....

Have been told the Kitchen bar in Vic Sq - are there any others.....

thewobbler

Quote from: Mikhailov on August 21, 2014, 03:42:19 PM
will be in Belfast this weekend for 2 nights to keep the missus happy - is there any recommended pub that I can watch the AI semi final on Sunday afternoon.....

With United playing at 4pm, you might be surprised at how few bars have the AI SF on anything other than a muted 14" screen tucked into the corner. There's a lot more ManU fans than Kerry fans in Belfast.

The Bot would definitely have it one of their rooms. The Hatfield will have it on somewhere. But both those are out of town a bit.

Maguire01

Didn't see it mentioned, but Coppi is probably my favourite restaurant in Belfast at the minute, followed by Shu. Made in Belfast is good for something a bit cheaper.

glens abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 21, 2014, 07:43:17 PM
Didn't see it mentioned, but Coppi is probably my favourite restaurant in Belfast at the minute, followed by Shu. Made in Belfast is good for something a bit cheaper.

Yeah Shu would be mine,but should try Stix and Stones it is right up there.

JP

Quote from: glens abu on August 21, 2014, 07:55:05 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 21, 2014, 07:43:17 PM

Yeah Shu would be mine,but should try Stix and Stones it is right up there.

I third this. Shu is very good.

general_lee

Made In Belfast is an excellent alternative to the overpriced TGI Fridays, Nandos etc shite.

Fender

Quote from: thewobbler on August 21, 2014, 04:47:13 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on August 21, 2014, 03:42:19 PM

With United playing at 4pm, you might be surprised at how few bars have the AI SF on anything other than a muted 14" screen tucked into the corner. There's a lot more ManU fans than Kerry fans in Belfast.

The Bot would definitely have it one of their rooms. The Hatfield will have it on somewhere. But both those are out of town a bit.
100% sure The All Ireland SF will be shown in the upstairs room in 'The Garrick' - opposite Vic Sq on Chichester St!!

pullhard

heading up to the big smoke in a few days, where is the best veggie restaurant ?

pullhard

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2014, 12:08:15 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 24, 2013, 10:26:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 24, 2013, 10:09:55 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 24, 2013, 09:57:03 PM
Not cheap but tremendous.

A Michelin in waiting.
A wha?

Never mind Kelstar boy!!!!!!!!!!
Joke all ye want, have seen fcuk all from the pseudo snobs on this thread that'd bate the Kelstar.
And, no, I'm not joking.

Let's face it, at 2 in the morning, 8 stout & 4 Jameson in ye.....

a) Southern Fried Chicken fillet burger & Curry chip
or
b) The most beautiful wee bit of chicken the size of yer thumb from the Ox?

Get up the yard ffs.

Shove this up yer pastie bap hole:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/belfast-restaurant-ox-named-northern-irelands-finest-30532200.html
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Don Johnson

Stix and Stones is ok just, once you get past the novelty factor with the stone.

I had a lovely feed in the Porterhouse recently, got the big Porterhouse steak and it was class, cooked to perfection and I was so full I could barely eat my side dish.

Hadskis and James Street Bar & Grill are still two of my favourites. Never had a bad feed in either. Both owned by Niall McKenna too, he knows what he is doing.

Won't be back in Cosmos after their scores on the doors rating.

Minder

Anyone tried the Ginger Bistro ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"