Restaurants in Belfast?

Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Where are you staying? Nick's Warehouse on Hill St - menu is online, am sure there's steak on it.

laoislad

Quote from: Rois on January 24, 2013, 10:32:18 PM
Where are you staying? Nick's Warehouse on Hill St - menu is online, am sure there's steak on it.

Radisson Blu.

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on January 24, 2013, 10:13:24 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 24, 2013, 10:09:43 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 24, 2013, 09:59:56 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 24, 2013, 09:17:54 PM
Heading up there tomorrow for the weekend.
I don't want to be searching everywhere for somewhere to eat and there are too many suggestions on here to actually pick one!
I like T-bone steak with a side order of striplion steak with some fillet steak for dessert.
Where should I go?

Jesus LL you heading up there, you know it's going to be full of those Northies!

Told the wife I'd take her somewhere foreign for her Christmas present so decided to go to the UK.
Have the passport ready and the Laois ropey tied to the rearview mirror.
I hope the language barrier won't be a problem.
4th Wall in Saint Annes square is a good spot
Cheers will check it out.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Aoise

Tedfords, Drennans or The Ivory are good for steaks.  The Ivory or Tedfords are close enough to you.

Rois

Forgot to mention James St South Bar & Grill (not the fancy part) - take a look online - www.belfastbargrill.co.uk

It has a good steak menu.  Def within 10 mins walk.  And throughout all the protest stuff, it was the only place I walked past that was consistently busy.  Has a very fancy part to it in an adjoining building but downstairs is always packed.  Actually you might not get a booking! 

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: laoislad on January 24, 2013, 10:33:16 PM
Quote from: Rois on January 24, 2013, 10:32:18 PM

Radisson Blu.

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on January 24, 2013, 10:13:24 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 24, 2013, 10:09:43 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 24, 2013, 09:59:56 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 24, 2013, 09:17:54 PM
Heading up there tomorrow for the weekend.
I don't want to be searching everywhere for somewhere to eat and there are too many suggestions on here to actually pick one!
I like T-bone steak with a side order of striplion steak with some fillet steak for dessert.
Where should I go?

Jesus LL you heading up there, you know it's going to be full of those Northies!

Told the wife I'd take her somewhere foreign for her Christmas present so decided to go to the UK.
Have the passport ready and the Laois ropey tied to the rearview mirror.
I hope the language barrier won't be a problem.
4th Wall in Saint Annes square is a good spot
Cheers will check it out.
if you are for walking into town from Radisson best/ safest way would probably be cutting across Ormeau Avenue and then down Bedford Street, will take you out at the side of the Belfast City Hall   there will probably be another flag protest in front of it about 1 oclock tomorrow , they usually last for an hour or so ,
Stayed in the Radisson a few times , lovely hotel with the bonus of free parking at the weekends

Ulick

The wife took me to Made in Belfast, Talbot Street last night. Steak was nice but the highlight was the topless photo of Lily Allen in the bogs.

glens abu

Quote from: hardstation on January 25, 2013, 11:18:04 AM
'Tis hard to look past
Aisling Úr @ The Felons Club

Yes very good and Failte on the Falls very good as well.Get a great bowl of chowder on a Friday in Culturlann.

heganboy

porterhouse on the lisburn road is a good steak, or la boca the argentinian steak house on fountain street
tough to go wrong with either...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

nifan

used to go to the Morning Star the odd time - theyd do the 24oz steak -if you want a bigger one you  have to order in advance.

5 Sams

Quote from: nifan on January 25, 2013, 03:26:27 PM
used to go to the Morning Star the odd time - theyd do the 24oz steak -if you want a bigger one you  have to order in advance.

Great spot....

When did the Felons start doing grub???
The Aristocrat Years

muppet

A taxi driver recommended some Seafood Bar in 'Hard Street'. I was thinking I know Belfast can be rough but calling a street 'Hard' was a joke.

Then I saw a sign for 'Howard Street'.

It had a Seafood Bar and it was exceptionally nice for lunch.

Deanes I think.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on January 25, 2013, 10:07:55 PM
A taxi driver recommended some Seafood Bar in 'Hard Street'. I was thinking I know Belfast can be rough but calling a street 'Hard' was a joke.

Then I saw a sign for 'Howard Street'.

It had a Seafood Bar and it was exceptionally nice for lunch.

Deanes I think.
http://www.michaeldeane.co.uk/seafood-bar/menu/

glens abu

Saffrongael

Quote from: glens abu on January 25, 2013, 10:22:23 PM
Oyster Bar in Castle St.

You would want to spend as little time in around Castle Street as possible if you are visiting Belfast.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 25, 2013, 10:40:45 PM
Quote from: glens abu on January 25, 2013, 10:22:23 PM
Oyster Bar in Castle St.

You would want to spend as little time in around Castle Street as possible if you are visiting Belfast.
Is The Herc still open?