Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 25, 2021, 04:44:39 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 25, 2021, 04:20:08 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 25, 2021, 04:13:41 PM
Quote from: clarshack on March 25, 2021, 12:01:37 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 25, 2021, 11:25:40 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 25, 2021, 11:16:53 AM
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-publicans-and-tory-mps-fury-at-pms-vaccine-passports-for-pubs-idea-12255917

Interesting that its reported up to 60 Tories are about to rebel on the lockdown rules in place in United Kingdom. I would imagine it will get through anyway, but the tide is most certainly turning against lockdowns in general.
Vaccine passports to go abroad are bad enough, but for doing things like going to the pub? No chance. Up the rebels! ;)

The likes of the Dog and Duck will not care if you have a vaccine passport or not but the more classier establishments no doubt will try and enforce it.

If Covid passports become a thing for Pubs then I will only frequent those that enforce it. I'll certainly wouldn't be comfortable sharing an enclosed space with someone not vaccinated. You could find that those more refined establishments become even more in demand.

Absolutely trailer.
Those that dont enforce it may see their customer base shrink
I highly doubt many people will care, especially younger people.

After Robin Swanns tone deaf comments yesturday, social media was full of vaccine rejection among my age grouping.

"Why will I take it when there is no freedom...." to paraphrase.

These are the people with the larger disposible incomes. Don't underestimate the power they have to the hospitality sector. When everything opens up, or begins to, it will be that age group that starts the economic recovery.

And for sake of good order, it will also be them who pays the majority of the cost for everything that has been.

JoG2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 25, 2021, 06:30:15 PM
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-publicans-and-tory-mps-fury-at-pms-vaccine-passports-for-pubs-idea-12255917

Interesting that its reported up to 60 Tories are about to rebel on the lockdown rules in place in United Kingdom. I would imagine it will get through anyway, but the tide is most certainly turning against lockdowns in general.
Vaccine passports to go abroad are bad enough, but for doing things like going to the pub? No chance. Up the rebels! ;)

The likes of the Dog and Duck will not care if you have a vaccine passport or not but the more classier establishments no doubt will try and enforce it.

If Covid passports become a thing for Pubs then I will only frequent those that enforce it. I'll certainly wouldn't be comfortable sharing an enclosed space with someone not vaccinated. You could find that those more refined establishments become even more in demand.

Absolutely trailer.

After Robin Swanns tone deaf comments yesturday, social media was full of vaccine rejection among my age grouping.

These are the people with the larger disposible incomes. Don't underestimate the power they have to the hospitality sector. When everything opens up, or begins to, it will be that age group that starts the economic recovery.

And for sake of good order, it will also be them who pays the majority of the cost for everything that has been.

That doesn't make any sense... Surely a: protecting yourself and b: getting the vaccine passport that airlines etc will most likely insist on are the reasons to take the vaccine? Things will be back to normal alot quicker if people of your age get the jab GOTB

armaghniac

That's a bit like saying if you driving at the speed limit why would you care if the other guy was driving at the speed limit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

"SIR" Charles Walker MP wants "an end to all restrictions" and won't get the vaccine because he's afraid of needles

He's "protesting" with a pint of milk

Screaming Lord Sutch and his Monster Raving Loony Party were ahead of their time

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on March 25, 2021, 07:02:49 PM

If you are vaccinated why would you care if some other guy in the pub is vaccinated or not?

You do realise that you are not only taking the vaccine for yourself, you are taking it for everyone? We're striving for the highest % of people we can to eliminate this virus, the same as we have done down the years with a list of other virus's. I'd say without social media, the % would be huge. But social media is full of absolute binlids pushing their own agendas (much of it right wing linked) and charlatans plying that space with misinformation.

armaghniac

Vaccination is the solution to lockdown. If people do not want to be vaccinated then they can remain in lockdown and be excluded from buses, pubs, etc.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

clarshack

Quote from: armaghniac on March 25, 2021, 08:38:47 PM
Vaccination is the solution to lockdown. If people do not want to be vaccinated then they can remain in lockdown and be excluded from buses, pubs, etc.

Nah, we'll just get our passports here instead:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56489574

Armagh18

Yep and a big yellow star for the unvaccinated....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 25, 2021, 10:06:08 PM
Yep and a big yellow star for the unvaccinated....

I'd settle for bells, so you can hear them coming down the street
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Going by news across the planet and especially those countries who always seem to be a month or two ahead of us, there seems to be a sting in the tail of this virus. I think the hope is that a decent uptake of the vaccine will offset that. We'll know soon enough. I'd be hopeful enough.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: JoG2 on March 25, 2021, 06:46:49 PM

Absolutely trailer.

That doesn't make any sense... Surely a: protecting yourself and b: getting the vaccine passport that airlines etc will most likely insist on are the reasons to take the vaccine? Things will be back to normal alot quicker if people of your age get the jab GOTB

I would agree, but unfortunately the pace of the reopening isn't going quick enough for the younger generation....well, 20-30ish odd. The younger ones below that don't care a jot....they know it doesn't harm them, they are young. I wouldn't be for branding them over that.....with time comes maturity.

It's probably always the contrary that are the loudest, I've no bother taking the vaccine personally. I think most people will avail, but I do respect those who don't want to take it for any reason. The people in Govt will not be basing their plans on 100% vaccine uptake I'm sure.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 26, 2021, 10:58:51 AM

Absolutely trailer.

I would agree, but unfortunately the pace of the reopening isn't going quick enough for the younger generation....well, 20-30ish odd. The younger ones below that don't care a jot....they know it doesn't harm them, they are young. I wouldn't be for branding them over that.....with time comes maturity.

It's probably always the contrary that are the loudest, I've no bother taking the vaccine personally. I think most people will avail, but I do respect those who don't want to take it for any reason. The people in Govt will not be basing their plans on 100% vaccine uptake I'm sure.

Any reason being, you are being chipped and its all 5G's fault/
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tintin25

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56535575

So people may quit if forced to WFH...think they'll find it's pretty much that people may quit if forced to return to the office full time lol

Smurfy123

O Neill do you not think we are now a few months ahead of the European country's?
What we were getting towards the end of November December and January?
My reading of it is they are now getting the Kent Variant

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2021, 11:06:26 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 26, 2021, 10:58:51 AM

Absolutely trailer.

Any reason being, you are being chipped and its all 5G's fault/

Typical Mildred debasing of any constructive debate.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL