Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: J OGorman on March 25, 2014, 11:20:11 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 25, 2014, 11:15:50 AM
I read a whole Brendan Rodgers love fest the other day in the Irish News or Star about how he was the best manager and tactician in the Premier League.  Surely the top dog on both fronts is Mourinho without a shdaow of a doubt.

it was an article in the IN saying basically Rodgers plays an attacking brand of football that is easy on the eye and Mourinho teams play (something along the lines of) relegation style football with world class players...hard to argue, but an article from one Belfast journalist is hardly the love fest you read?

I am envious of the way Rodgers gets his team playing and obviously I would want United to be doing better than Liverpool, but Mourinho is the master tactician and his record is unreal.  I think the legend that is Pat Dolan had something similar in his column.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 25, 2014, 11:36:44 AM
Going to be a strange one alright, LFC fans cheering for United and United fans cheering for city!
But believe me I won't have a problem celebrating if Wazza or giggsy scores ( in tonight's game only)

Why would Utd fans be cheering for City? City and Liverpool play in a few weeks so let them sort it out between themselves. If you think Utd fans will want to loose against City to disadvantage Liverpool then you are underestimating the Manchester Derby.

Jonah

Quote from: EC Unique on March 25, 2014, 12:01:41 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 25, 2014, 11:36:44 AM
Going to be a strange one alright, LFC fans cheering for United and United fans cheering for city!
But believe me I won't have a problem celebrating if Wazza or giggsy scores ( in tonight's game only)

Why would Utd fans be cheering for City? City and Liverpool play in a few weeks so let them sort it out between themselves. If you think Utd fans will want to loose against City to disadvantage Liverpool then you are underestimating the Manchester Derby.
It's 'lose' not 'loose'.
And you've already stated you hope United get worse this season which means you will be shouting for City tonight?

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2014, 11:12:29 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2014, 11:01:32 AM
Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2014, 10:54:09 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2014, 10:49:01 AM
Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2014, 10:37:11 AM
Robbie Savage has just named his Manchester XI... hard to argue with really!

I'd say Nasri is lucky there. Would have Mata over him any day. Fernandinho would have a lot of covering to do in midfield!

It's based on this seasons form... Mata as yet has done well nothing really so no reason to include him in that list!

Nasri has 4 goals 4 assists in 25 odd games and Mata 5 assists in 21 games. He's easily a better candidate than Mata but still hasn't had the best season.

Sure put in Welbeck so if that's what it's based on. I'd take Januzaj any day over Nasri too.

What with his 3 goals and 2 assists in 22 games? Even with Nasri not playing particularly well his stats have him ahead of Januzaj, Navas ahead also!

Welbeck is a centre forward and is well down the pecking order!

Doesn't always play there. Plays wide a lot.

Going on that team I'd say it'll be a wild hammering for United.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2014, 11:18:30 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 25, 2014, 11:15:50 AM
I read a whole Brendan Rodgers love fest the other day in the Irish News or Star about how he was the best manager and tactician in the Premier League.  Surely the top dog on both fronts is Mourinho without a shdaow of a doubt.

I agree with that. Rodgers is no mug though and is doing well this season but he needs a few titles under his belt before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Mourinho.
Mourinho is despicable. They were so glad to see the back of him at Real.

Bingo

Just checking in again to wish you's the very best of luck tonight......if you's can't do it for yourselves...do it for Liverpool!  :D

Farrandeelin

I must be the only Utd fan that dislikes city more than Liverpool. And I hope Utd manage to win this evening. But I'm not confident about it, although I'm less worried than this game than the L'pool game 9 days ago.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Quote from: Bingo on March 25, 2014, 04:57:59 PM
Just checking in again to wish you's the very best of luck tonight......if you's can't do it for yourselves...do it for Liverpool!  :D

The boot is certainly on the other foot this season. Who can forget in 2010 when United needed Pool to get a home result against Chelsea only for Gerrard to play the perfect pass to Drogba. If an United player was to do the same tonight my money would be on Evra.

Seriously though i have tonight's game marked down as City win & if my calculations are correct City will finish the season on 86 pts while i have Chelsea,Pool both on 83. If the unlikely happens & United win well it could be another title decided on goals difference.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on March 25, 2014, 06:24:43 PM
Quote from: Bingo on March 25, 2014, 04:57:59 PM

The boot is certainly on the other foot this season. Who can forget in 2010 when United needed Pool to get a home result against Chelsea only for Gerrard to play the perfect pass to Drogba. If an United player was to do the same tonight my money would be on Evra.

Seriously though i have tonight's game marked down as City win & if my calculations are correct City will finish the season on 86 pts while i have Chelsea,Pool both on 83. If the unlikely happens & United win well it could be another title decided on goals difference.

What are the workings behind your calculations?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

EC Unique

#mufc starting XI vs @MCFC : De Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Jones, Evra; Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini; Mata, Welbeck, Rooney

AZOffaly

No Kagawa? What did he do wrong on sat?

Milltown Row2

Get your lot on City with that team lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pullhard

any links for a stream ?