Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Zulu on April 18, 2014, 08:51:42 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree so.

Funnily enough looking at it a few more times, I am beginning to see your point. It is actually closer to a shoulder to shoulder hit than I had thought. His elbow came up afterwards which might have caught the eye of the ref and distorted his impression of it. I still think it was a definite free and very risky for a man on a yellow card.
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

I wouldn't dispute the foul, just the yellow.

babarino

But Doherty roofed some clubhouse in Derry gratis...so it can't be a yellow!

5 Sams

it would be a hop ball in a club game.
The Aristocrat Years

Syferus

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 18, 2014, 11:02:55 PM
it would be a hop ball in a club game.

There would be some hopped balls after a hit like that alright.

Tony Baloney

Dick Clerkin and Brolly seem to be continually sniping on Twitter. Not sure what has started it.

Wildweasel74

I seen something like this in a game in derry last week, the damn ref didnt even give a free,

blanketattack

Quote from: muppet on April 18, 2014, 08:46:17 PM

If that isn't a card, I don't know what it.

I agree - they were running perpendicularly to each other so both would have needed to turn in order to meet each shoulder to shoulder. Also the back of Doherty's head bangs into the side of O'Shea's head so I don't understand why people are griping about O'Shea holding his face. At that speed he was lucky not to break his cheekbone.

babarino

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 18, 2014, 11:35:18 PM
Dick Clerkin and Brolly seem to be continually sniping on Twitter. Not sure what has started it.

A few years ago, Monaghan V Derry, Celtic Park. Clerkin nearly had his eyes gouged out by Doherty. Brolly post match on RTE said Monaghan were the gurriers of Ulster football, never retracted. Doherty 'canonised' by Brolly, GAA hearing cleared of all charges on the basis of Brolly's defense...Clerkin ban stuck...

screenexile

Quote from: babarino on April 19, 2014, 12:23:52 AM

A few years ago, Monaghan V Derry, Celtic Park. Clerkin nearly had his eyes gouged out by Doherty. Brolly post match on RTE said Monaghan were the gurriers of Ulster football, never retracted. Doherty 'canonised' by Brolly, GAA hearing cleared of all charges on the basis of Brolly's defense...Clerkin ban stuck...

Because Clerkin was found out as a spoiler with limited ability! He's been going round for a decade raking lads heels and hitting them off the ball because he can't compete on a footballing level just ask Dara O'Se!

Doherty plays football ask anyone but if you want to start on him he won't shy away! I was at all those games and Clerkin got all he deserved!

babarino

Quote from: screenexile on April 19, 2014, 12:30:59 AM

Because Clerkin was found out as a spoiler with limited ability! He's been going round for a decade raking lads heels and hitting them off the ball because he can't compete on a footballing level just ask Dara O'Se!

Doherty plays football ask anyone but if you want to start on him he won't shy away! I was at all those games and Clerkin got all he deserved!

Aye right, so for having 'limited ability' eye gouging is acceptable. And as if Dara O'Se and Brolly's word on Clerkin overrides all. I was at the game in Celtic Park too. You're having a laugh with your raking lads heels line stuff. Doherty was at it from the start. The dirty hit on O'Shea and all the ridiculous  defense in the aftermath is just a repeat of Derry's holier than thou attitude.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: babarino on April 19, 2014, 01:00:26 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 19, 2014, 12:30:59 AM

Aye right, so for having 'limited ability' eye gouging is acceptable. And as if Dara O'Se and Brolly's word on Clerkin overrides all. I was at the game in Celtic Park too. You're having a laugh with your raking lads heels line stuff. Doherty was at it from the start. The dirty hit on O'Shea and all the ridiculous  defense in the aftermath is just a repeat of Derry's holier than thou attitude.

Don't worry Babarino you'll get your chance if yous meet us this summer. Dick Clerkin, if ever a name fitted! For all Ricey or Conor Gormleys faults, at least they could play ball.

orangeman

How has this turned into an assassination of Dick Clerkin ?

Yes Dick likes to play hard and tough. That's his prerogative. But I've seen him play ball too - he just didn't play the man all the time as some are suggesting. That game in Celtic park was a particularly spiteful one. Some would say a typical Ulster championship match. It wasn't all Dick's doing.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: orangeman on April 19, 2014, 09:02:30 AM

Yes Dick likes to play hard and tough. That's his prerogative. But I've seen him play ball too - he just didn't play the man all the time as some are suggesting. That game in Celtic park was a particularly spiteful one. Some would say a typical Ulster championship match. It wasn't all Dick's doing.
I started that...

Real Talk

Quote from: orangeman on April 19, 2014, 09:02:30 AM

Need the chairman to step in here and make sure we get back to the original point ... whatever it was !!!!

Think Doherty's challenge was a definite yellow card, his first yellow was not.   Ref was inconsistent and Lynn in particular got a lot of 'black' abuse that went unpunished ... and what was Brolly talking about !!!!!!!!!!!