State of Minds last night - Linfield fans visit Clones

Started by T Fearon, June 21, 2007, 11:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on June 22, 2007, 03:46:17 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 22, 2007, 03:40:05 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on June 22, 2007, 02:40:25 PM
If this isn't political then I don't know what is.
obv not then
its a real item for contention given it was written so recently...whats that, it was written way back when ?
oh ! ....... ::)
It was written in 2006 when the guide was last updated (I can't find a 2007 version but I presume it's still in that as well).
check out the 1900 version and the 1914 version etc
chances are its just something they didnt change.

Obv never realised that certain types of people would LOOK to take offense and read much more into it!
::)

Fishead_Sam

Well Sammy you choose to follow a rule that the existing members ignore as irrelevant rather than listen to the current members of many hues & religions, from all counties & abroad who say you are welcome. Christ I never heard anyone asked their religion or political point of view when joining a GAA Club. And based on that programme where they went on about Taigs having bad teeth & Protestants having good teeth, well based on teeth there must be more Protestants in the GAA than Catholics these days, either that or flouride wroks  ;)

his holiness nb

Sammy you didnt answer the question asked.
You provided an example of why YOU DECIDE not to join, nothing there says you are "explicitly excluded, forbidden" or anything like it.

Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on June 22, 2007, 04:16:50 PM
From the GAA Official Guide

Basic Aim
The Association is a National organisation
which has as its basic aim the strengthening of
the National Identity in a 32 County Ireland
through the preservation and promotion of
Gaelic Games and pastimes.

There you go it's in black and white, couldn't be clearer, no reading between the lines or twisting or spinning, a clear and easy to understand rule.
Sammy, thats truly pathetic!  :D :D :D :D
[/quote]
What's pathetic, I was asked a question and answered it?
[/quote]

pathetic doesnt come close.
Dont know why I am bothering but:
Are there not 32 counties in Ireland?
would strengthening the national identity not be a cultural thing rather than the political thing you are attempting to portray this as.

Again, I say you are just being typical !closed mind and head in the sand!
::)

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on June 22, 2007, 04:16:07 PM
Where have I ever said that I hate (or even dislike) the GAA. I've actually said the complete opposite loads of times

Sammy, how gullible do you think we are for f**k sake??!!

Again when have I said I dislike anybody

Doing a great job at what?

Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on June 22, 2007, 04:21:57 PM
Sammy you didnt answer the question asked.
You provided an example of why YOU DECIDE not to join, nothing there says you are "explicitly excluded, forbidden" or anything like it.

So by that logic you can join the Communist Party and the fact that you're not a Communist is just a pathetic excuse and doesn't stop you joining if you want to.  ::)

his holiness nb

Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy
You are really wearing us down with your shite talk  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: SammyG on June 22, 2007, 04:12:11 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 22, 2007, 04:07:01 PM
Let me ask again please, for the umpteenth time: show me the actual words that state you are explicitly excluded, forbidden, unable, etc., to join the GAA. No smokescreen please, just the words. And figments of imagination do not count!

I've answered every time you've asked. I'll repeat it again, just in case you missed it the previous 15 times.

From the GAA Official Guide

Basic Aim
The Association is a National organisation
which has as its basic aim the strengthening of
the National Identity in a 32 County Ireland
through the preservation and promotion of
Gaelic Games and pastimes.

There you go it's in black and white, couldn't be clearer, no reading between the lines or twisting or spinning, a clear and easy to understand rule.

Sorry, but that is, well... pathetic. You go out your way to be offended, now show me where it E-X-P-L-I-C-I-T-L-Y E-X-C-L-U-D-E-S Y-O-U. There is nothing there, zilch, nada, ningun, that debars anything!

Edit: And you do not even have to acknowledge anything in the Official Guide to become a member, much less to swear an oath to it!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

his holiness nb

You could ask the question a million times and Sammy will insist he has answered it.

Why cant we just get that into our thick heads?  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

Fishead_Sam

Sam justify the following then, as this is the whole basis of Pro-British Unionism.

Sammy based on your argument the British State by its very Constitutional Standing & based on its own laws is an Exclusionist State. Due to the fact that the Head of State of the United Kingdom can only be a Protestant, and even then only a specific type of Protestant (Church of England) & even then only a practicing Specific type of Protestant & even then only a Non-Divorcie-Specific Type of Practicing Protestant & even the Only the oldest Male(or oldest female After all male options ecluded) Non-Divorcie Specific Type of Practicing Protestant & even then only the oldest Male(or oldest female After all male options ecluded) Non-Divorcie Specific Type of Practicing Protestant whose surname is not Stuart.

Sorry that is some very specific type of exclusivity, actually it excludes nearly 56 million of the UK population.

Now don't be lecturing us on the GAA being exclusive. Because your very political leanings excludes you on the basis of you being an Atheist o yea an even if you filled all the above criteria I doubht you are of the Royal line, they probably look to those Europeans the British seem to fear for a new King or Queen.

his holiness nb

Claiming to be a Unionist and an atheist is a bizzare contradiction indeed.
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on June 22, 2007, 04:59:02 PM

Why is there any contradiction? I'm also a republican if that helps.

Billys Boots

QuoteI'm also a republican if that helps.

Would you not aspire to 'belonging' to a multicultural constitutional democracy, as opposed to a monarchy state, on that basis?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: SammyG on June 22, 2007, 05:12:00 PM

his holiness he actually right on that one being an Atheist has nothing to do with Irish-Nationalism/Pro-Irish Unionism or British Nationalism/Pro-British Unionism.

SammyG while you are 100% wrong about the GAA at least being a British Republican you understand our problem with the Orange Order, by definition as a Republican you must also not be too inclined towards them. You must also agree with my analysis of the Current British Constitutional makeup & what is wrong with the criteria for the British head of State. The UK is in far greater need for a review of its laws than the GAA of its aspirational rules, that only you seem to have heard of.

SammyG

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 22, 2007, 05:19:41 PM
Quote from: SammyG on June 22, 2007, 05:12:00 PM

his holiness he actually right on that one being an Atheist has nothing to do with Irish-Nationalism/Pro-Irish Unionism or British Nationalism/Pro-British Unionism.

SammyG while you are 100% wrong about the GAA at least being a British Republican you understand our problem with the Orange Order, by definition as a Republican you must also not be too inclined towards them. You must also agree with my analysis of the Current British Constitutional makeup & what is wrong with the criteria for the British head of State. The UK is in far greater need for a review of its laws than the GAA of its aspirational rules, that only you seem to have heard of.

I detest the OO and every thing they stand for, I also want to see the monarchy removed and replaced with an elected head of state. Not sure what any of that has to do with the rules of the GAA.