FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 18, 2019, 03:40:16 AM
Quote from: thejuice on April 18, 2019, 02:05:54 AM
He was in the FAI already but not at the head of it. Either way it has long appeared to me that those that run the FAI are either incompetent or corrupted. Its not a serious organization and Ireland isn't a serious footballing country despite the high levels of interest there is in the game as a form of entertainment and our national team will never amount to anything for the foreseeable future. Happy to be proven wrong of course but I doubt it.
Soccer has twice the playing numbers of Gaelic games. I'd hate to see playing numbers if they ever did get serious...
The  fraud speaketh, more nonsense. Only a fraud on the GAA discussion would come up with that bull. Those high soccer participation numbers come from a dubious sports whatever study, and  are inflated by people who play  7 a side, occasional once a week kickabouts in the park with jerseys for goalposts, lunchtime kickabouts.

When participation is defined by playing and being a  member of a club, the soccer figures dwindle and lag far behind the GAA. Baile your Hole, only a dimwit like yourself would think that selecting a gaelic name would fool people into thinking you're someone other than the worm you are.
Others might remember the fraud Myles na gCopaleen, at least he eventually gave up the pretense, well mostly stopped, but he could never shake off the lingering stain of being a duplicitous fraud.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Main Street on April 19, 2019, 01:05:32 PM
He was in the FAI already but not at the head of it. Either way it has long appeared to me that those that run the FAI are either incompetent or corrupted. Its not a serious organization and Ireland isn't a serious footballing country despite the high levels of interest there is in the game as a form of entertainment and our national team will never amount to anything for the foreseeable future. Happy to be proven wrong of course but I doubt it.
Soccer has twice the playing numbers of Gaelic games. I'd hate to see playing numbers if they ever did get serious...
The  fraud speaketh, more nonsense. Only a fraud on the GAA discussion would come up with that bull. Those high soccer participation numbers come from a dubious sports whatever study, and  are inflated by people who play  7 a side, occasional once a week kickabouts in the park with jerseys for goalposts, lunchtime kickabouts.

When participation is defined by playing and being a  member of a club, the soccer figures dwindle and lag far behind the GAA. Baile your Hole, only a dimwit like yourself would think that selecting a gaelic name would fool people into thinking you're someone other than the worm you are.
Others might remember the fraud Myles na gCopaleen, at least he eventually gave up the pretense, well mostly stopped, but he could never shake off the lingering stain of being a duplicitous fraud.

Playing numbers are playing numbers. And I dont think you are right in your counter claim of shifting the goalposts. Its exceedingly foolish to claim Gaelic games has more participants than soccer. This came up in the context of an equally foolish claim that nobody takes soccer seriously in Ireland

The rest of your post is just a shyte attempt at bullying.

spuds

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 19, 2019, 02:13:09 PM

Playing numbers are playing numbers. And I dont think you are right in your counter claim of shifting the goalposts. Its exceedingly foolish to claim Gaelic games has more participants than soccer. This came up in the context of an equally foolish claim that nobody takes soccer seriously in Ireland

You call that bullying but are happy to call another poster special needs and Rainman. You are a sham of the highest order.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: spuds on April 19, 2019, 04:37:22 PM

You call that bullying but are happy to call another poster special needs and Rainman. You are a sham of the highest order.

I'm being accused of all sorts by a small group of posters. Im not a GAA man, Rainmam seriously thinks I'm Paul Kimmage ffs. Calling out stupid posts is one thing. Deciding in a group you don't like a poster and dismissing everything they say as part of a plot is another.

spuds

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 19, 2019, 05:03:52 PM

I'm being accused of all sorts by a small group of posters. Im not a GAA man, Rainmam seriously thinks I'm Paul Kimmage ffs. Calling out stupid posts is one thing. Deciding in a group you don't like a poster and dismissing everything they say as part of a plot is another.
Can you explain why you are referring to another poster as Rainman?
John Hubbard

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: spuds on April 20, 2019, 03:27:46 PM

Because he is a bully, moron and all round bellend

spuds

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 20, 2019, 07:20:58 PM

You really are an insufferable bollocks to be using that as a form of abuse. I reported you earlier this week for this and the mods have decided to let it fly. I'm done here with you and your blind ignorance and that's even before talking of the scutter you post.
John Hubbard

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: spuds on April 20, 2019, 07:47:31 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 20, 2019, 07:20:58 PM

You really are an insufferable bollocks to be using that as a form of abuse. I reported you earlier this week for this and the mods have decided to let it fly. I'm done here with you and your blind ignorance and that's even before talking of the scutter you post.
Heartbreaking

Note the abuse I responded to didnt bother you...

Rossfan

The floot is upset because his "Gah bad soccer good" ideology gas been shattered by Delaney.
He then starts the non argument of  " How do you know the GAA top brass aren't at the same antics as Delaney?"
And then starts insulting posters and people with Asbergers/Autism to prove that he is a thoroughly obnoxious individual.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on April 21, 2019, 12:02:54 PM
The floor us upset because his "Hah bad soccer good" ideology gas been shattered by Delaney.
He then starts the non argument of  " How do you know the GAA top brass aren't at the same antics as Delaney?"
And then starts insulting posters and people with Asbergers/Autism to prove that he is a thoroughly obnoxious individual.

Rainman gets it wrong again.

Stick to the counting.

Main Street

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 23, 2019, 10:33:14 AM
The floor us upset because his "Hah bad soccer good" ideology gas been shattered by Delaney.

Stick to the counting.
Any chance you can provide claims that

The diver cries foul play.
Yes, soccer is a much more popular participation sport than GAA , but with people who play the  sport once a year  ;D
Possibly a kickabout with the kids in the garden after the WC final?

The findings from  ESRI's four major reports produced since 2004  and the 2017 Irish Sports Monitor (ISM) Report
Sport participation figures.
GAA 13%    Soccer  13%
Participation is defined as
43% who play once a year; 
33% who play once a month;
28% who play once a week

However
2017 ISM report states that 57% of sports participants are club members
"over two-thirds (67.0%) of club members participating in sport in the past week compared to less than  one  third  (30.6%)  of  non-club  members"

Type of club membership
GAA 10.4%
Soccer 2.9%

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Main Street on April 23, 2019, 11:37:19 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 23, 2019, 10:33:14 AM

Stick to the counting.
Any chance you can provide claims that

The diver cries foul play.
Yes, soccer is a much more popular participation sport than GAA , but with people who play the  sport once a year  ;D
Possibly a kickabout with the kids in the garden after the WC final?

The findings from  ESRI's four major reports produced since 2004  and the 2017 Irish Sports Monitor (ISM) Report
Sport participation figures.
GAA 13%    Soccer  13%
Participation is defined as
43% who play once a year; 
33% who play once a month;
28% who play once a week

However
2017 ISM report states that 57% of sports participants are club members
"over two-thirds (67.0%) of club members participating in sport in the past week compared to less than  one  third  (30.6%)  of  non-club  members"

Type of club membership
GAA 10.4%
Soccer 2.9%

All that means is the GAA has  members who play other sports too.

Boycey

Cracking documentary on RTE at present about the split between the FAI and IFA in the 20s and efforts to make an all Ireland team since. A lot of stuff I wasn't aware of, be worth a look on RTE+1 at 10.30....