The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 17, 2023, 09:36:51 PM
Leeds are poor

First team from the bottom half, we've scored against away from home this season  :o

dec

gawa316

Rory Delap reincarnated...jeepers the anxiety was high every throw in. Hendo makes a great tackle near the end that went out for a throw in and then was like 'oh feck missile incoming!'

cadhlancian

I can see them making TAA a full time midfielder next season . FSG would probably value him as a $100 midfield player , so play him there and maybe buy another RB for say $30 million . That would still give you a good chunk of money to spend on another midfielder after the deadwood has been shipped out 

An Watcher

supersub

I'd say he'll take the numerous medals he won as a defender alright  ;)

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on April 22, 2023, 07:14:11 PM
Rory Delap reincarnated...jeepers the anxiety was high every throw in. Hendo makes a great tackle near the end that went out for a throw in and then was like 'oh feck missile incoming!'

I was the same. You could feel it from the crowd even on tv. Konate looked very dodgy - couldn't defend the first ball from those throws and frees.

Top 4 is definitely gone now following Newcastle's demolition of Spurs.

Extra Europa spot up for grabs now. Might as well try to get it and then win it. f**k the conference league though. I'd rather finish 8th or 9th!

Hound

Europa or Conference would be good for giving games to Kelleher and other second XI lads

J70

Quote from: Hound on April 25, 2023, 09:48:42 AM
Europa or Conference would be good for giving games to Kelleher and other second XI lads

Kelleher would be very foolish to stay on at Liverpool.

He's far too good to be a back-up, even at Liverpool's level. There's no reason he couldn't be a starter at any number of Premier League clubs. If he stays he'll piss his career away.

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on April 25, 2023, 12:28:50 PM

He's far too good to be a back-up, even at Liverpool's level. There's no reason he couldn't be a starter at any number of Premier League clubs. If he stays he'll piss his career away.
How many years would Becker have left do you think? Any chance he could be displaced anytime soon?
Agreed Kelleher too good to be warming the bench, what age is he now?

J70

Kelleher is 24, Alisson is 30.

You'd expect Alisson to stay put for another 3-4 years at the very least, assuming he wants to.

Kelleher might love the coaching at Liverpool, but he'll lose out on top level match experience if he doesn't make a move.

Armagh18

Theres a number 1 jersey in Manchester that would suit him the best ;)

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on April 25, 2023, 12:28:50 PM

Like Nat Phillips. I see he is 25 now and not sure why he has not moved on from his own perspective. Never going to be a starter at Liverpool due to his lack of pace but good enough to start for (other? ;)) mid/lower table teams. My guess is Liverpool priced him out of a move