The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cadhlancian

As bad a first half I remember watching from Liverpool in recent times . Firmino shocking , the midfield completely non existent , Klopp will be going bonkers at HT. Lucky not to be 3-0 down , Jota,s injury looking for meaningful right now ...

J70

Better last ten minutes, but f**k that was a shocking performance for the first half hour. Lucky it's not more then 1-0.

Still not sure about the penalty shout. It's hard even with the replays to tell for sure if Fabinho just nicked the ball before attacker's foot.

Salah was pushed in the ball in the lead up to the Fulham goal, but he was also far too weak.

Fulham well worth their lead overall.

Liverpool need to build on the last ten, impose themselves in midfield and get the ball moving quickly. Far too static early on.

Armamike

Outfought all over the pitch in the first half.  Blatant push in the back in the lead up to their goal.  Was that not clear and obvious.  So much for VAR again.
That's just, like your opinion man.

cadhlancian

Minimino is nowhere close to the level required ... not sure what he brings to the team , other than running around like a headless chicken and getting in lads ways..

cadhlancian

J70

Fair result. You can't sleepwalk through a half and expect to win.

supersub

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 13, 2020, 05:58:37 PM
Minimino is nowhere close to the level required ... not sure what he brings to the team , other than running around like a headless chicken and getting in lads ways..

He retained possession well today when asked to play in the middle 3. He did as well as the others in midfield. Agree has been poor when played further forward

Hound

Minamino wasn't near our worst player. At least he tried to be positive every time he had the ball.

Bringing on Donkey completely lost the momentum of the goal. It's like us having to play with 10 men for the last 10 minutes. Actually it's worse, it's like it's 10 v 12 as he kills every attack he's involved in.

I'd hope for a much improved performance v Spurs.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hound on December 14, 2020, 06:52:01 AM
Minamino wasn't near our worst player. At least he tried to be positive every time he had the ball.

Bringing on Donkey completely lost the momentum of the goal. It's like us having to play with 10 men for the last 10 minutes. Actually it's worse, it's like it's 10 v 12 as he kills every attack he's involved in.

I'd hope for a much improved performance v Spurs.
Origi is mailing it in at this stage. Offers nothing. I think if they weren't having the injury crisis they are, he would be out the door in January while he has still some resale value.
Minimino has struggled to find his feet, but I would be patient with him, I think there is a player there if he can get to grips with the PL.
Surely at least 2 new signings in January needed?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: supersub on December 13, 2020, 06:39:29 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on December 13, 2020, 05:58:37 PM

He retained possession well today when asked to play in the middle 3. He did as well as the others in midfield. Agree has been poor when played further forward

I thought Minamino had a good game overall. He actually kept possession and kept things ticking over rather than losing the ball as he often does. There wasn't much opportunity to thread a ball through. Did great to win the ball and wriggle out of the tight space to set Jones off on that great run when he probably should have scored.

J70

Could have been a great Liverpool manager, but the period from late 2001 through the summer of 2002 sealed his fate. It was amazing that he came back from such a serious illness, but deciding to forgo Nikolas Anelka, who was outstanding on loan in the second half of the 01/02 season, and bringing in El Hadj Diouff instead (along with the likes of Salif Diou), set the end in motion. They did manage to beat United in the League Cup final in 2003 (Diouff's only really good game for the club), but it was pretty much all downhill from summer 2002 on after the promise of the second spot finish.

That treble season was fun though. Owen final, followed by that absolutely bonkers UEFA Cup final in Dortmund!