Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

I'm asking you a genuine question as to why it shouldn't have been played Wednesday
Calling it off Monday was the absolute correct decision after the awful death in the Carryduff club
And everyone will agree with that

downjim

Kilcoo better team, no complaints.
RGU shafted, that's not fair.
Clonduff first goal should never have been called
Kilcoo and CPN only two teams left that can win Frank

champion1981

Quote from: downjim on August 31, 2020, 12:28:38 PM
Kilcoo better team, no complaints.
RGU shafted, that's not fair.
Clonduff first goal should never have been called
Kilcoo and CPN only two teams left that can win Frank
agreed,  burren have a lot of rebuilding to do, donal conal Kevin & shay are finished,  actually felt sorry for paddy o rouke last night  ,id say he will walk away now ?

Smurfy123

Still can't get around the Downpatrick situation
They moved the match Monday and Wednesday and now from what I'm hearing Carryduff doing all sorts in the background yesterday so they didn't have to play them. Downpatrick were prepared to play tonight. A lot of county board men hail from Carryduff

wobbller

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 31, 2020, 05:34:59 PM
Still can't get around the Downpatrick situation
They moved the match Monday and Wednesday and now from what I'm hearing Carryduff doing all sorts in the background yesterday so they didn't have to play them. Downpatrick were prepared to play tonight. A lot of county board men hail from Carryduff
A lot of County Board men from Carryduff. Who?

thewobbler

It was a big shout Smurfy.

Ger Connery Is the East Down chair. That's it from the Duff.

I'd welcome a statement about this from Down county board myself. I fully agree that the show must go on during Covid, and that'll mean some clubs losing out. I'd be curious though at just how close to the line RGU were. We got our entire senior panel tested and cleared in 48 hours a few weeks ago. I'd be hopeful that any club would get 48 hours grace before ejection.

terrifictommy

Unfair would be to allow the game to go ahead without the due care and attention needed to ensure no other Covid infections occurred. Carryduff surely would have concerns playing the game considering the risk involved- RGU hardly going to challenge for big honours after their first effort so take on the chin and regroup.

Shamrocks are going very well in Inter. Be interesting to see how they fare against Saul. Be a good game to watch I'd say.

bannside

First half of last nights game was a great advert for Down football. Second half petered put a little but Kilcoo wont be handing over their title lightly. Conleth and Mickey have them nicely pitched by the look of things. Liam Kerr from Burren and youngest Johnston would both be great additions to next years Down senior squad.

Mourne Rover

Kerr has been in the Down senior squad since the start of the season while the youngest Johnson is more likely to feature with next year's u20s.

johnnycool

Every club got the championship regulations sent out to them and Section 5 is all about postponements;

5. Postponements
5.1 Applications for postponement of championship fixtures will only be considered by the Competitions Control Committee in the following exceptional circumstances:
(i) Death in the immediate family circle (father, mother, wife, husband, brother, sister or child) of a player. A game due to have been played up to and including the day of the funeral may be postponed under this Regulation. Rescheduled fixtures must take place no later than 72 hours after the funeral.
(ii) A positive COVID-19 test within the club and/or requirement for testing within the club (as determined by the relevant public health authority). Rescheduled fixtures must take place within 72 hours of the original fixture.
5.2 Failure to fulfill a fixture within the provisions of (i) or (ii) above shall result in forfeiture, and award of the game to the opposing team. There shall be no additional penalties.

SamFever

Quote from: johnnycool on September 01, 2020, 03:23:47 PM
Every club got the championship regulations sent out to them and Section 5 is all about postponements;

5. Postponements
5.1 Applications for postponement of championship fixtures will only be considered by the Competitions Control Committee in the following exceptional circumstances:
(i) Death in the immediate family circle (father, mother, wife, husband, brother, sister or child) of a player. A game due to have been played up to and including the day of the funeral may be postponed under this Regulation. Rescheduled fixtures must take place no later than 72 hours after the funeral.
(ii) A positive COVID-19 test within the club and/or requirement for testing within the club (as determined by the relevant public health authority). Rescheduled fixtures must take place within 72 hours of the original fixture.
5.2 Failure to fulfill a fixture within the provisions of (i) or (ii) above shall result in forfeiture, and award of the game to the opposing team. There shall be no additional penalties.

my info is that there was more than one and  I saw earlier a Championship match down South was put off for 10 days due to Covid.

thewobbler

This isn't a GAA rule though SamFever. It's Down County Board's bylaws.

And yes we were all made aware of it in advance.

SamFever

Quote from: thewobbler on September 01, 2020, 05:06:26 PM
This isn't a GAA rule though SamFever. It's Down County Board's bylaws.

And yes we were all made aware of it in advance.
Point taken.