DUP: Champions of a shared future

Started by Jeepers Creepers, June 27, 2013, 05:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: illdecide on July 04, 2013, 02:01:43 PM
the guy offered me a case of beer for giving the job and i told him straight up "Harp" only messin i told him no chance...no matter what was offered it would never be worth the risk...

High moral standards but the lowest of the low when it comes to beer  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

deiseach

Quote from: Orior on July 04, 2013, 01:22:33 PM
It's true. If you wanted to play football and win trophies, then you went to St Colmans. If you wanted an education, then you want to the Abbey.

brokencrossbar1 being the exception that proves the rule.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on July 04, 2013, 02:47:37 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 04, 2013, 01:22:33 PM
It's true. If you wanted to play football and win trophies, then you went to St Colmans. If you wanted an education, then you want to the Abbey.

brokencrossbar1 being the exception that proves the rule.

Why because I also played football and won trophies while at the Abbey? ;)

armaghniac

QuoteWhy because I also played football and won trophies while at the Abbey? ;)

perhaps he meant that you didn't want an education, but still went to the Abbey!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 04, 2013, 04:57:44 PM
Why because I also played football and won trophies while at the Abbey? ;)

Yes, that's what I meant :-X

deiseach

Quote from: armaghniac on July 04, 2013, 05:08:47 PM
QuoteWhy because I also played football and won trophies while at the Abbey? ;)

perhaps he meant that you didn't want an education, but still went to the Abbey!

[insert lame Pink Floyd reference]

Saffrongael

Quote from: OakleafCounty on July 04, 2013, 11:23:54 AM
I didn't see Spotlight last night but I'd imagine it didn't say that Redsky was essentially a UVF run outfit full of ex-prisoners with no background in construction/maintenance.

Since he got into his position his main aims have been to protect the North Belfast Westminster seat for Nigel Dodds and to protect the interests of his own kind rather than the wider community.

He pours money into things like boiler replacement schemes rather than building new homes because if he builds new homes in places like north Belfast where the need is high in the green side that it could hurt his party in elections.

Every time he comes up here he goes straight to the Fountain and the Apprentice Boys Memorial Hall to throw money at them.

As regards building houses in N Belfast, Sinn Fein fairly helped him out there, with Girdwood.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 04, 2013, 05:41:30 PM
I didn't see Spotlight last night but I'd imagine it didn't say that Redsky was essentially a UVF run outfit full of ex-prisoners with no background in construction/maintenance.

Since he got into his position his main aims have been to protect the North Belfast Westminster seat for Nigel Dodds and to protect the interests of his own kind rather than the wider community.

He pours money into things like boiler replacement schemes rather than building new homes because if he builds new homes in places like north Belfast where the need is high in the green side that it could hurt his party in elections.

Every time he comes up here he goes straight to the Fountain and the Apprentice Boys Memorial Hall to throw money at them.

As regards building houses in N Belfast, Sinn Fein fairly helped him out there, with Girdwood.

;D ;D this time next year we will see who the people believe the Shinners or your chum Martin Og and RNU

Ulick

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 04, 2013, 10:40:33 AM
Quote from: Ulick on July 04, 2013, 08:14:24 AM
Which school was this are did you attend them all? I went to St Michael's Lurgan 1987-91. There were no prayers at morning assembly nor before classes. In my first year (1987) there was a short prayer at form class but that was probably because the teacher was a nun. Lovely compassionate woman by the way. Anyhow there were no crucifix on any classroom walls and the only things which were "rammed" home was the need for good personal hygiene at PE. GCSE RE was compulsory at the time but my experience was far from yours. We studied four major world religions concentrating on the similarities between them. Actually when it came to teaching about Catholicism the teacher either didn't know much or deliberately taught heresy - either way I now know most of it be incorrect in regard Catholic Church teaching. Can't say I ever wrote any letters about divorce but we were often encouraged to take on and debate in favour of positions we didn't support. The only overt religious events we had were monthly Mass and Easter retreats and even then the retreats were a relaxed time away from lessons.

Sorry but  I was at the exact same school in the early 90s and there was prayer every single morning in assembly, mass once a week, and some teachers insisted on prayers before their lessons.  Your nun was a "lovely compassionate woman," eh? Pass the sick bag. There was one nun who was civil, one who was batshit insane (going around the chapel calling people "pagans" because they weren't singing the hymns), one who had anger management issues and couldn't resist thumping all round her, and the "Saint" herself with those evil piercing eyes that'd put the fear of God in you, emotionally blackmailing all and sundry by threatening to withhold a good reference requested by anybody that didn't pray hard enough.  And let's not forget them standing at the front of the chapel watching everyone genuflect on the way out, making sure your knee went all the way to the ground and slowly enough.  They'd make you come back and do it again if it wasn't "reverend" enough for their liking.  And did you not see the religious propaganda plastered over every wall? 

Jesus wept!  I have to question if you actually went to St Mick's at all, because the way you describe it sounds like you're completely spoofing.

Not spoofing, Sr Vianney was my form teacher in class S1V. I actually ended up getting permanently expelled by "The Saint" so I've no great love for the place or her, but it in no way reflected your description and I dare say your exaggerating the images of distant memories.

Myles Na G.

The new DSD strategy is due out shortly and with this document, McCausland intends making changes to the Housing Selection Scheme. The way it has worked for 40 years is that people get housed according to need. The Housing Executive and the Housing Associations work off a common selection scheme, whereby you submit an application and then get assessed and 'pointed'. The more points you have, the higher up the list you are and the better chance you have of being offered suitable accommodation. The system was introduced in response to the discriminatory practices that used to go on in the past and which were famously highlighted in the Caledon protest in the late 60s. Nelson wants to shift away from this 'housing by need' system and bring in other factors, so that your place on the list doesn't simply depend on how many points you get. Why? Very simple. Most of the housing need is in nationalist areas. If he can bring in changes to the selection scheme, he can maybe alter this fact and perhaps head off the greening of areas like north Belfast. What I find most sickening is that this arch bigot is being facilitated in his efforts to reintroduce gerrymandering in a different guise by the cooperation of Sinn Fein. I don't know what they got in return for their sell out over Girdwood, but it wasn't worth it whatever it was.

Wildweasel74

Why is northern Ireland politicians a bunch of slimy sneaky underhand hoods just out for themselves who can never be sacked, no wonder visitors always seen as backward bible bashing gay bashing bunch of country yokels. Nelson Close the door on the way out son!! As Alan Sugar would say, you fired!!

EC Unique

The view was some craic tonight. Nelson is fcuked but he does not even have the decency to stand down. Delighted to watch him die politically as he is a truly horrible little man.

artisan2010

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 04, 2013, 11:10:32 PM
Why is northern Ireland politicians a bunch of slimy sneaky underhand hoods just out for themselves who can never be sacked, no wonder visitors always seen as backward bible bashing gay bashing bunch of country yokels. Nelson Close the door on the way out son!! As Alan Sugar would say, you fired!!
Unless there is a clear knockout punch landed in terms of fraud or corruption it is very unlikely the "minister" will step aside. As regards corruption planning, re-zoning, brown envelopes, 26 counties. It's endemic in most political systems.

Minder

Mark Carruthers gave him a far tougher time on The View than the chimps on the DSD Commitee earlier today.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on July 04, 2013, 11:59:15 PM
Mark Carruthers gave him a far tougher time on The View than the chimps on the DSD Commitee earlier today.

Indeed. Carruthers played well and had Nelson turned inside out!