The Battle for Fermanagh and South Tyrone

Started by Ulick, April 19, 2010, 10:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

I don't claim to support the SDLP.  Have you got issues with reading nally?  I started a thread a while back and stated what I thought of the SDLP.  I don't support them so why should I know about any of the things you claim to be true?  I don't have the time to go through each of your 'points' but I seem to remember you being asked to produce evidence on at least one of your 'points' before and you couldn't produce it
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

reddgnhand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 11, 2010, 07:29:37 PM
I don't claim to support the SDLP.  Have you got issues with reading nally?  I started a thread a while back and stated what I thought of the SDLP.  I don't support them so why should I know about any of the things you claim to be true?  I don't have the time to go through each of your 'points' but I seem to remember you being asked to produce evidence on at least one of your 'points' before and you couldn't produce it

Is that the same thread that you told us you went to SF seeking their help. Bit hypocritical really.

ardmhachaabu

That's not what I said, I have never asked them for a damm thing.  My wife has though, that's what I said.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Maguire01

Well we do know that there's a fair bit of spin in Nally Stand's 17 points.

For example, that the SDLP "sent" one of their MLAs to Afghanistan - unless you know more than the rest of us. There's also the one on petitioning the privvy council re the Derry naming issue; this was discussed at length on here and it was far from the SDLP trying to block a name change - more opposition to SF trying to progress something that was doomed to failure under the circumstances at that time.

However, even if the SDLP did 'send' someone to Afghanistan, or if they did block a change to Derry's name, that still wouldn't make them Unionist.

Zapatista

Quote from: magickingdom on May 11, 2010, 07:24:41 PM

ill give you 1 reason why the sdlp are not unionists.

http://www.sdlp.ie/index.php/the_issues/a_united_ireland/

I'm none the wiser after reading that. It reads as if the SDLP don't want a referendum and are stating vague targets they will decide they will reach if they want to, sometime, maybe, but whatever, anyway, if it happens, but ye know. It reads like the DUP's claim that policing will not be devolved untill there is full community confidence. We all know  that was the DUP saying never. Luckily other thought different.

Myles Na G.

Why Sinn Fein Are A Bunch of Hypocrites

1. Under the terms of the Good Friday Agreement, SF recognised and signed up to what they had previously derided as the 'unionist veto'. It was rebranded as the consent of the people of the north to spare their blushes. As an SDLP supporter I've always supported the consent principle. Republicans used to brand people like me as subservient for doing so.

2. Under the same Agreement, SF agreed to enter the Stormont Assembly and take part in the administration of British Rule in Ireland. Indeed, their burning ambition now is to hold the post of First Minister in this Assembly. As an SDLP supporter I've no problem with a local Assembly. However, republicans used to brand people like me as west Brits for holding such a view.

3. SF supported the right of every Irishman and woman to take up arms against the British 'occupation'. 'Ireland unfree will never be at peace', etc etc. SF now consider the so called republicans dissidents as 'traitors' to Ireland for doing so. Only Gerry and Marty, apparently, have the right to declare war.

4. SF preach equality for all and the rights of women, yet they deny justice to women who've been abused or raped by leading republicans.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

Nally Stand

1. Have you got issues with reading? Because I didn't say anything about you supporting the SDLP :-\

2. What "point" was I unable to prove?

3. Speaking of unable to prove things, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, after all on this very thread you came out with the ridiculous line "I can't prove what I have said even though I know it to be true because of who told me" (ardmhacaabu, May 2nd). I also remember you making claims on another thread that you "knew to be true" due to people you  "know" to be involved in the IRA in Belfast "telling you so". Catch yourself on man.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: AFS on May 11, 2010, 07:12:09 PM
Sixteen reasons really.

:D Correct, I apologise. Sixteen good reasons though.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

oakleafgael

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 11, 2010, 10:36:44 PM

1. Have you got issues with reading? Because I didn't say anything about you supporting the SDLP :-\

3. Speaking of unable to prove things, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, after all on this very thread you came out with the ridiculous line "I can't prove what I have said even though I know it to be true because of who told me" (ardmhacaabu, May 2nd). I also remember you making claims on another thread that you "knew to be true" due to people you  "know" to be involved in the IRA in Belfast "telling you so". Catch yourself on man.

Slightly off topic but I asked you a good few times on a thread a while ago to prove your claim of a SDLP/Unionist voting pact on Omagh District Council. Why where you unwilling to prove that? Catch yourself on indeed.

Zapatista

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 11, 2010, 10:21:37 PM
Why Sinn Fein Are A Bunch of Hypocrites

1. Under the terms of the Good Friday Agreement, SF recognised and signed up to what they had previously derided as the 'unionist veto'. It was rebranded as the consent of the people of the north to spare their blushes. As an SDLP supporter I've always supported the consent principle. Republicans used to brand people like me as subservient for doing so.

So? It was not rebranded. It was the culmination of talks with all interested parties and players and it was endorsed by all the people of Ireland. It also had a Nationalist Veto. You can't compre the GFA with anything previous.

2. Under the same Agreement, SF agreed to enter the Stormont Assembly and take part in the administration of British Rule in Ireland. Indeed, their burning ambition now is to hold the post of First Minister in this Assembly. As an SDLP supporter I've no problem with a local Assembly. However, republicans used to brand people like me as west Brits for holding such a view.
Under the same agreement SF were mandated by a referendum of the Irish people to enter the assembly. As were the DUP who opposed the agreement. It's called respecting the wishes of the people. SF are already joint first minister. They have a burning ambition to become the biggest party in Ireland. The first Minister title is not important. The SDLP are still called 'west brits' by Republicans.

3. SF supported the right of every Irishman and woman to take up arms against the British 'occupation'. 'Ireland unfree will never be at peace', etc etc. SF now consider the so called republicans dissidents as 'traitors' to Ireland for doing so. Only Gerry and Marty, apparently, have the right to declare war.
SF still hold the opinion that there is a right to take up arms against the British occupation. They believe that there are certain conditions that must be in place for this to be justified. Those conditions are not there and anyone who takes up arms in the present political climate is a traitor to Ireland.

4. SF preach equality for all and the rights of women, yet they deny justice to women who've been abused or raped by leading republicans.

f**k you for that last comment.

Nally Stand

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 11, 2010, 10:41:47 PM

Slightly off topic but I asked you a good few times on a thread a while ago to prove your claim of a SDLP/Unionist voting pact on Omagh District Council. Why where you unwilling to prove that? Catch yourself on indeed.

I did twice if I recall and to the very best of my abilities which you will concede is hardly straight forward considering that those parties obviously didnt speak of or write about anti-SF pacts in public. If my explanation wasnt to your liking then I apologise.

ardmhachaabu

1/ Liar
2/ see oakleaf
3/ Liar

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 11, 2010, 11:05:10 PM

1/ Liar
2/ see oakleaf
3/ Liar

:D :D :D THAT WAS THE LAZIEST RESPONSE I'VE EVER READ  :D :D :D

1. Prove to me that I am lying, and quote to me where I said you supported the SDLP

2. See response to Oakleaf

3. How is this one a lie ??? ???, I quoted you directly

Franko

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 11, 2010, 11:05:10 PM

1/ Liar
2/ see oakleaf
3/ Liar

:D :D :D :D :D :D

reddgnhand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 11, 2010, 07:36:27 PM
That's not what I said, I have never asked them for a damm thing.  My wife has though, that's what I said.

I had reason to contact SF and the SDLP over an issue my wife was having.  Neither of them really did anything about it even though it was clearly within their power to do so, shinners sent an email while the SDLP did a bit of donkey work in terms of phone calls, emails, letters, I won't go into details on here about it for obvious reasons but nothing seemed to work.  By chance I happened to bump into Ken Magennis on a bus from Belfast to Enniskillen and I thought I would chance my arm with him.  I was wearing an Armagh shirt at the time and had a bit of craic with him about Tyrone and that he was a bit of a hypocrite watching matches on TV when he wouldn't go to one if it was on a Sunday.  He proved to be way more helpful than either of the SDLP or the shinners.

This is what you said.