Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2021, 02:09:38 PM
Listen this is pure SF. Flip flopping on everything depending on which way public opinion blows. They are little more than the Irish UKIP.

Says the Stoop mouthpiece whose sole purpose on this board seems to be incessant SF bashing.

Has Colum stopped Brexit yet like he told us?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2021, 11:48:45 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on March 16, 2021, 11:24:14 AM
I had hoped in vain as it turns out for a sensible response, instead of the anti sf claptrap.
Very sensitive to justified criticism aren't we?
No, but some here have a clear agenda.

trailer

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 16, 2021, 04:05:13 PM
I had hoped in vain as it turns out for a sensible response, instead of the anti sf claptrap.

Well we need a border poll then. Have SF called for one today yet?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I stopped voting SF over this , well it was the straw that broke the camels back.

They never allowed a conscience vote which was a disgrace. If I had a penny for every boy came canvassing etc and said " look I agree with you buy ye know the craic" What you're a watery spinless, gutless sheep? Look at the state of them now, ALL ABOUT POWER, wouldn't happened on McGuinness watch.
Full of viscous bullies behind the scenes too.

tonto1888

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 16, 2021, 07:52:04 PM
I stopped voting SF over this , well it was the straw that broke the camels back.

They never allowed a conscience vote which was a disgrace. If I had a penny for every boy came canvassing etc and said " look I agree with you buy ye know the craic" What you're a watery spinless, gutless sheep? Look at the state of them now, ALL ABOUT POWER, wouldn't happened on McGuinness watch.

They really should have allowed a conscience vote.

trailer

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 16, 2021, 07:52:04 PM

Martin McGuinness, a great man for preserving life.

Give me a break.

Applesisapples

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2021, 04:06:13 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on March 16, 2021, 04:05:13 PM

Well we need a border poll then. Have SF called for one today yet?
SF don't really want a border poll just yet, but as a republican party they have to be seen to be pushing. Not withstanding my previous stated reservations there are many non sf civic nationalists doing like wise. They are however taking a leaf out of the SNP playbook in so far as the first referendum will be the start of building a majority. Anyone sneering at them for doing so is resorting to play ground name calling. By all means express your opposition or concerns and doubts (as I have done previously) but present it as an argument not an insult.

Applesisapples

I read a statement on twitter from SF that went some way towards explaining why the abstained on the abortion amendment. The gist of it is that this amendment has no force in the absence of the whole legislation being implemented and as such is a distraction. Not sure as to how true this is perhaps a SF member on here could clarify.

RedHand88

The bill shouldn't even be controversial. It is to prevent abortions in cases of non-FFA which should be the absolute minimum level of restriction in a civilised society.
I think SF should have actually supported the bill instead of during on the sideline, but at least they are beginning to realise there is a problem with terminating a healthy baby.

Itchy

Disappointed with this hypocrisy. You can't be a all ireland party and have different positions in 6 counties than in the other 26, just because there are more voters in the 6 clinging to a backward Catholic belief system.

That being said its also hypocritical to here criticism from FFFG who have never mobilised in the 6 counties.

I expect more from Sinn Fein on this.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on March 17, 2021, 10:38:10 AM
Disappointed with this hypocrisy. You can't be a all ireland party and have different positions in 6 counties than in the other 26, just because there are more voters in the 6 clinging to a backward Catholic belief system.

That being said its also hypocritical to here criticism from FFFG who have never mobilised in the 6 counties.

Its not about religion for me, its about morality, i'm sure it is for others but the fact that it is probably the only issue which mobilised cross community support outside Stormont points to a much more complex subject matter.

BTW they have different views on other things both sides of the border-welfare reform being one, nurses pay-rise being another until recently. Get them voted in de buck to we get a proper look at them south of the border. Now is the time as FF/FG are relatively weak, it is a different matter running a govt and modern growing ecoomy than standing in the road with placards

Sportacus

I've called out SF a few times when I felt it was BS, and in the interest of balance, Colum Eastwood told Radio Foyle this morning that Nichola Mallon had "delivered Casement". 
Again, you have to laugh.

imtommygunn

Honestly that guy is a bullshitter. I would be in favour of the sdlp generally but they need to ditch that guy as a leader. They will go nowhere with him.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 17, 2021, 12:10:28 PM
Honestly that guy is a bullshitter. I would be in favour of the sdlp generally but they need to ditch that guy as a leader. They will go nowhere with him.

Nicola seems to project a level of competence sadly lacking in a lot of politicians in the North and Colum is one of those. Too keen on getting a sound bite out.

RedHand88

Quote from: Itchy on March 17, 2021, 10:38:10 AM

I'm a very lax Catholic, and I'm very pro life. Don't need the Catholic Church to tell me there's something wrong about it.