Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: AQMP on January 10, 2018, 01:10:42 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 10, 2018, 12:56:40 PM
Are all of the massacres publicly remembered or just the big ones ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Massacres_in_Northern_Ireland

Only some.  As with all conflicts, there's a hierarchy of massacres.

Unless you live in the 26 where they airbursh all massacres carried out by Republicans to win their freedom.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on January 10, 2018, 01:34:45 PM
Yawwwwwnnn!!!

You don't seem to want to address the truth so quit whining when you're confronted with it.

tonto1888

Quote from: naka on January 10, 2018, 12:28:48 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 10, 2018, 10:59:14 AM
Until the Summer I spent the previous 13 years living in England. I usually voted for independents who stood on platforms I believed in. In the recent general election I voted Labour. Before that I voted SF based on green v orange politics and family members standing for them. Now that my voting history is out of the way, I don't believe McElduff done this as a deliberate wind up. He was stupid. I don't think he realised it was the anniversary of Kingsmill. How many here can honestly say they knew? Don't want to comment on his punishment - or lack off.
Anyway, that's my tuppence worth
tbf it was all over the news in the six counties that it was the anniversary, frig they even had willie frazer on the radio.
he is an elected representative so he should be smarter

was it? I honestly did not see any of that. I am not, however, an elected representative

foxcommander

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 10, 2018, 01:11:50 PM

Unless you live in the 26 where they airbursh all massacres carried out by Republicans to win their freedom.

Goldfish have better memories than the free staters.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

AQMP

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 10, 2018, 01:46:55 PM
Until the Summer I spent the previous 13 years living in England. I usually voted for independents who stood on platforms I believed in. In the recent general election I voted Labour. Before that I voted SF based on green v orange politics and family members standing for them. Now that my voting history is out of the way, I don't believe McElduff done this as a deliberate wind up. He was stupid. I don't think he realised it was the anniversary of Kingsmill. How many here can honestly say they knew? Don't want to comment on his punishment - or lack off.
tbf it was all over the news in the six counties that it was the anniversary, frig they even had willie frazer on the radio.

was it? I honestly did not see any of that. I am not, however, an elected representative

Neither did I.  I was genuinely unaware it was the anniversary over the weekend.  Mind you every day is an anniversary of something in the North.

HiMucker

Quote from: AQMP on January 10, 2018, 01:52:26 PM

Neither did I.  I was genuinely unaware it was the anniversary over the weekend.  Mind you every day is an anniversary of something in the North.
As was I.  Everyone I had spoken to was also unaware of the anniversary.  However everyone had the same opinion that it was unacceptable and he probably should resign.  I don't know how fair that is, when you don't know yourself, but I would expect our politicians, especially an elected MP or MLA to be aware of these sensitivities.  I think a lot of the disdain from nationalists over the incident is down to the fact that most think it bizarre and stupid for a politician to be posting clownish videos on social media.

haranguerer

Not in the lead up to it, which was when the video was posted (late the night before)

AQMP

Quote from: HiMucker on January 10, 2018, 02:10:36 PM
Quote from: AQMP on January 10, 2018, 01:52:26 PM

As was I.  Everyone I had spoken to was also unaware of the anniversary.  However everyone had the same opinion that it was unacceptable and he probably should resign.  I don't know how fair that is, when you don't know yourself, but I would expect our politicians, especially an elected MP or MLA to be aware of these sensitivities.  I think a lot of the disdain from nationalists over the incident is down to the fact that most think it bizarre and stupid for a politician to be posting clownish videos on social media.

I think this is spot on.  I can't say what McElduff's thinking was at the time of making or posting the video.  But this behaviour is idiotic.  The democratic vacuum has left some people with too much time on their hands (says he with nearly 3000 posts on an internet message board!).

Rossfan

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 10, 2018, 01:36:35 PM
Yawwwwwnnn!!!

You don't seem to want to address the truth so quit whining when you're confronted with it.
I'll take the facts from  more reliable and credible arbiters of truth than the likes of you and Eoghan Harris thanks very much.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Avondhu star

Quote from: foxcommander on January 10, 2018, 01:48:12 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 10, 2018, 01:11:50 PM

Goldfish have better memories than the free staters.
Obviously the excess turps consumption has hit your memory
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on January 10, 2018, 03:43:21 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 10, 2018, 01:36:35 PM
Yawwwwwnnn!!!

I'll take the facts from  more reliable and credible arbiters of truth than the likes of you and Eoghan Harris thanks very much.

Sounds like you want to talk out both sides of your mouth.

Looks like an affirmation that you are a hypocrite.

seafoid

Bomber

I gather that you want to live in a United Ireland.  I hope you are able to seduce women better than you can bring southerners around to your way of thinking.

trueblue1234

Quote from: seafoid on January 10, 2018, 04:23:26 PM
Bomber

I gather that you want to live in a United Ireland.  I hope you are able to seduce women better than you can bring southerners around to your way of thinking.

I don't think a UI means pandering to Southerners. TBF Bomber (And Franko) has shown up a couple of southern posters who have been hypocritical in their posts. No harm in highlighting that as I'm sure they would do the same. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Syferus

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 10, 2018, 04:36:58 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 10, 2018, 04:23:26 PM
Bomber

I don't think a UI means pandering to Southerners. TBF Bomber (And Franko) has shown up a couple of southern posters who have been hypocritical in their posts. No harm in highlighting that as I'm sure they would do the same.

You're wearing the Gerry Adams-tinted glasses if you think that lad has done anything bar make a show of himself.