Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Had Gerry Kelly on my doorstep tonight. Made sure he got the message about gagging Gerry Adams.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

SuperMac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 01, 2017, 07:46:55 PM
So Michelle O'Neill wants special status for NI in the EU. Pro partition much?
She wants to prevent a hard border and maintain as much links to the south etc, complete opposite of partitionism Einstein.

SuperMac

Quote from: Orior on February 01, 2017, 09:57:06 PM
Had Gerry Kelly on my doorstep tonight. Made sure he got the message about gagging Gerry Adams.
What's that Orior , to keep Adams from tripping over himself and getting muddled up with facts and figures etc like he did in the Sean O'Rourke show during the Dail election, his n!gger Tweets etc ?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: SuperMac on February 03, 2017, 03:36:06 PM
She wants to prevent a hard border and maintain as much links to the south etc, complete opposite of partitionism Einstein.

Effectively saying NI should remain in the UK though, as in maintaining the status quo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 03, 2017, 05:21:01 PM
Quote from: SuperMac on February 03, 2017, 03:36:06 PM

Effectively saying NI should remain in the UK though, as in maintaining the status quo.

SF have agreed that NI will not leave until there is a majority in a referendum, and they do not believe such a majority currently exists. Nothing notable about that. In fact, demanding something reasonable like special status could increase prospect of successful border poll if the British do not allow it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Avondhu star

I think SF have shown in the last few weeks that they are not a too left party. They have adopted a common sense approach to the US pre clearance facility at the Irish airports and to the St. Patricks Day visit to the White House whereas Rich Boy and Posh Boy have resorted to typical anti USA attitude. SF realise now that the lefty shite might go down well in Dublin SC but the rural vote in Tyrone Fermanagh Armagh like to hold on to their hard earned money. The anti Brexit parties north and south have no choice when it comes to the hard border. If Britain goes ahead there will have to be a customs control and the checkpoints will be back. None of the parties, including Sinn Fein, are making any good economic case for a United Ireland. I know Matt Carthy SF MEP has attempted to put it on the agenda but the stomach doesnt appear to be there among any of the parties. I cant see any great change in the assembly as the tribes stick to their own. However neither have many friends in Whitehall or the White House now so its up to ourselves to start a bit of grownup politics
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

seafoid

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 04, 2017, 12:20:20 PM
I think SF have shown in the last few weeks that they are not a too left party. They have adopted a common sense approach to the US pre clearance facility at the Irish airports and to the St. Patricks Day visit to the White House whereas Rich Boy and Posh Boy have resorted to typical anti USA attitude. SF realise now that the lefty shite might go down well in Dublin SC but the rural vote in Tyrone Fermanagh Armagh like to hold on to their hard earned money. The anti Brexit parties north and south have no choice when it comes to the hard border. If Britain goes ahead there will have to be a customs control and the checkpoints will be back. None of the parties, including Sinn Fein, are making any good economic case for a United Ireland. I know Matt Carthy SF MEP has attempted to put it on the agenda but the stomach doesnt appear to be there among any of the parties. I cant see any great change in the assembly as the tribes stick to their own. However neither have many friends in Whitehall or the White House now so its up to ourselves to start a bit of grownup politics
It's too early for voters to understand the damage Brexit will do. The UK is run by a deluded cabal.

Rossfan

Who are Rich boy and Posh boy??
Murphy and Boyd Barrett?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Things are evolving all the time. A border poll is not going to fly, but there is a possibility that discussion of one with some prospect of a substantial vote for unity might light a sufficient fire under the unionists that special treatment of NI within Brexit might seem the lesser of two evils. It is a very tricky situation politically. A good turnout of non unionist voters in March would help.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: armaghniac on February 04, 2017, 01:38:51 PM
Things are evolving all the time. A border poll is not going to fly, but there is a possibility that discussion of one with some prospect of a substantial vote for unity might light a sufficient fire under the unionists that special treatment of NI within Brexit might seem the lesser of two evils. It is a very tricky situation politically. A good turnout of non unionist voters in March would help.

Fair enough, we'll have to wait and see if that could happen. The EU themselves will have more of a say than the Dublin government I feel.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Applesisapples

Anybody voting for PBP need to look at their Brexit stance, for before and protest after. Ludicrous!

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 04, 2017, 03:28:29 PM

Fair enough, we'll have to wait and see if that could happen. The EU themselves will have more of a say than the Dublin government I feel.

The EU may well want to screw Britain, but are willing to make arrangements re NI, if only the British can be persuaded to ask for them. Business and society in NI needs to ramp up the pressure.

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 04, 2017, 04:21:07 PM
Anybody voting for PBP need to look at their Brexit stance, for before and protest after. Ludicrous!

The PBP are a disgrace. And being stuck in a non EU UK run by the Tories will not lead to any benefits for Derry or West Belfast.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on February 04, 2017, 04:43:32 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 04, 2017, 03:28:29 PM

The EU may well want to screw Britain, but are willing to make arrangements re NI, if only the British can be persuaded to ask for them. Business and society in NI needs to ramp up the pressure.

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 04, 2017, 04:21:07 PM

The PBP are a disgrace. And being stuck in a non EU UK run by the Tories will not lead to any benefits for Derry or West Belfast.
May says she wishes the EU well but the people behind Brexit want to destroy the EU so that their favourite companies can get their costs down and dump the various social protections offered in the bloc.
The negotiations could get very messy. Trump is openly hostile to the EU and Brexit is about linking up with the US.
Ordinary Unionists will not be represented either by the Tories or the DUP

Take Your Points

What's the real situation:

McGuinness invites Trump to N.Ireland after his election win in November 2016

O'Neill states that any visit by Trump is no longer inappropriate

Adams says he will go to the White House on St Patrick's Day if invited.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Take Your Points on February 04, 2017, 10:02:48 PM
What's the real situation:

McGuinness invites Trump to N.Ireland after his election win in November 2016

O'Neill states that any visit by Trump is no longer inappropriate

Adams says he will go to the White House on St Patrick's Day if invited.

All Gerry is concerned about is his ego at this stage, he doesent care how it looks

The money is made, the hay is in the barn
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come