Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Is it not for political reasons that he's NOT being taken in and questioned about this? i.e. Because he was a pivotal player in the peace process

Is this "public trial" not the same as dozens of similar situations over the years where politicians were judged (in a public opinion sense rather than a legal one) and had to step down as a result?

vallankumous

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 09, 2016, 03:46:25 PM
Is it not for political reasons that he's NOT being taken in and questioned about this? i.e. Because he was a pivotal player in the peace process

Is this "public trial" not the same as dozens of similar situations over the years where politicians were judged (in a public opinion sense rather than a legal one) and had to step down as a result?

Perhaps but that was always an internal party decision where they decide for themselves or they got sacked for incompetence.

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 09, 2016, 03:46:25 PM

As Martin said, Adam seems to live in a parallel universe where normal rules aren't applicable to him.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Rossfan on December 09, 2016, 03:29:31 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 09, 2016, 02:06:32 PM
Quote from: oliverkelly on December 09, 2016, 01:36:19 PM
Quote from: AQMP on December 09, 2016, 01:26:02 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 09, 2016, 12:12:28 PM
Unless the individual(s) who pulled the trigger on Mr Stack, or those who ordered them to make a confession there obviously isn't enough evidence for the Gardai/DPP to bring charges against anyone.
I'm sure informers and others have long since told the Gardai who was involved but unless they saw it happen and give evidence in Court.........
Are the Stacks members of any political party I wonder?

Wasn't Ellis in clink at the time of the shooting?

Doesn't mea ;D  ;D ;Dhe wasn't involved in organising it. Wayne Dundon is currently serving life for murder and he was locked up at the time the murder took place. The info floating about these things is never too far wrong so I personally have no doubt that Ellis and Ferris were involved.
You need to be careful with the accusations, theres no Dail privilege on this board.
You would indeed.

And I know who you are Oliver ;)

Fair play to you😂😂

macdanger2

Quote from: vallankumous on December 09, 2016, 03:53:30 PM
Perhaps but that was always an internal party decision where they decide for themselves or they got sacked for incompetence.

True but I guess due to it's history, SF is not going to exert pressure on Adams. I don't think that should exclude other parties from doing so though and I don't think there's anything sinister about doing so.

Main Street

Having read the Adams statement today, there is nothing for him to answer for. The political biased hysteria directed against him has no substance.
He has no liability in the matter and nor should he have as the political leader of Sinn Fein. People forget quite easily what they overwhelmingly voted for in 1998

Having read what the Stacks stated in August 2013, their expectations were reasonably satisfied with the cooperation they received from IRA member/s  re the disclosure of information and admission of responsibility to do with the murder. "Son says family achieved a 'huge amount of closure' after IRA statement"
Their main gripe at that time was with what they perceived as serious shortcomings in the Gardai investigation.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on December 09, 2016, 03:43:37 PM
How the fûck is Adams not in jail yet.

Because he hasn't been charged with anything, found guilty or sentenced.
You know - the way things work in a free country that abides by the rule of Law.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on December 09, 2016, 05:18:07 PM

You know - the way things work in a free country that abides by the rule of Law.

I suppose you believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and that Gerry Adams wasn't a member of the IRA, because all are equally real.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on December 09, 2016, 08:18:11 PM

I suppose you believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and that Gerry Adams wasn't a member of the IRA, because all are equally real.
No.
Read what I said.
In this State you have to be charged with something, tried, found guilty and sentenced before you can be put in jail.
Maybe young well heeled  Blueshirts might like internment introduced.
That was tried up North before your time (1971) and we saw where that led to.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on December 09, 2016, 09:14:17 PM

No.
Read what I said.
In this State you have to be charged with something, tried, found guilty and sentenced before you can be put in jail.

If ever there was a case to give it a second chance it's Gerry Adams..

Fear ón Srath Bán

The Gombeenery have their gullibles in spades with the copious like of yourself, amadán.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on December 09, 2016, 09:58:35 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 09, 2016, 09:52:29 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 09, 2016, 09:14:17 PM

No.
Read what I said.

If ever there was a case to give it a second chance it's Gerry Adams..
I know it doesn't need said but you're a plonker.

It doesn't need to be said that anyone who doesn't think the only reason Gerry Adams is walking the streets of Ireland and not in prison right now is because he accumulated so much power and influence while both being a member of and leading the Provos is a plonker in the eyes of most of Ireland.

I'm very happy with the side I'm on.

Rossfan

Ah Jaysus Syfín will ya cop on.
Cosgrave, Lemass , De Valera, O'Duffy, Sean McBride, De Rossa, Rabbite, Gilmore.....etc etc  should all have been in jail instead of the Dàil by your " logic".
However the real world decided otherwise.

trileacman

Of all the ways you could defend Adams I wouldn't choose using the "rule of law" excuse.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rossfan

Not defending him, just explaining to his daftness why we can't just lock people up.
However I get the irony ;)