Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on May 21, 2015, 11:08:53 PM
Sitting in Westminster still a step too far though??
::)

Maybe they should take half of the seats and then have the rest protest outside?
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: muppet on May 22, 2015, 12:31:07 AM

Maybe they should take half of the seats and then have the rest protest outside?
;D

Pub Bore

Quote from: muppet on May 22, 2015, 12:31:07 AM

They could take half the oath and leave out the bit about the Queen (though Marty may want to keep that bit in?).  Maybe Mary McAleese could take the oath by proxy for them?

deiseach

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 21, 2015, 09:43:16 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 19, 2015, 01:26:03 PM
Paul Maskey protesting the visit that his leaders support.

The shinners sure know how to ride 2 horses at once

More of the same today - McGuinness meeting Prince Charles, and Gerry Kelly and Maskey protesting at him being here! It's like their standing on picket lines in March, protesting at the cuts they had just approved. Running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.

<insert 'No Foreign Games' image here>

Ulick

More of the same today - McGuinness meeting Prince Charles, and Gerry Kelly and Maskey protesting at him being here! It's like their standing on picket lines in March, protesting at the cuts they had just approved. Running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.

Okay show us why you believe they were "protesting at him being here".

LeoMc

Quote from: Ulick on May 22, 2015, 11:16:38 AM

Okay show us why you believe they were "protesting at him being here".
I understood it was because he was CinC of the Paras and was led by relatives of the Ballymurphy victims. Are you saying they weren't protesting about his being there?

Ulick

Quote from: LeoMc on May 22, 2015, 11:58:32 AM
I understood it was because he was CinC of the Paras and was led by relatives of the Ballymurphy victims. Are you saying they weren't protesting about his being there?

I am yes.

muppet

Quote from: Ulick on May 22, 2015, 12:22:42 PM

I am yes.

You have the floor. You can give us a reasonable explanation if there is one.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

Quote from: muppet on May 22, 2015, 12:25:37 PM

Are you also interested in finding out how many angels can dance on a pinhead?

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on May 22, 2015, 12:33:24 PM

Are you also interested in finding out how many angels can dance on a pinhead?

Tell me more about these angels....
MWWSI 2017

Ulick

I am yes.

If you want me to prove a negative you'll first have to produce some evidence that Kelly and Maskey were protesting against the visit.

LeoMc

Quote from: Ulick on May 22, 2015, 02:21:14 PM

I am yes.

If you want me to prove a negative you'll first have to produce some evidence that Kelly and Maskey were protesting against the visit.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/royal-visit-healing-and-respect-is-theme-at-belfast-church-with-a-troubled-past-31243401.html

Relatives of the Ballymurphy massacre victims were joined by Sinn Fein politicians Gerry Kelly MLA and Paul Maskey MP when they held a protest near the church. John Teggart, whose father Danny was shot dead by troops from the Parachute Regiment in August 1971, said he would like Prince Charles, Colonel-in-Chief of the regiment, to "acknowledge the hurt" of the relatives during his visit.

JohnDenver

Quote from: LeoMc on May 22, 2015, 02:27:55 PM

I am yes.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/royal-visit-healing-and-respect-is-theme-at-belfast-church-with-a-troubled-past-31243401.html

Relatives of the Ballymurphy massacre victims were joined by Sinn Fein politicians Gerry Kelly MLA and Paul Maskey MP when they held a protest near the church. John Teggart, whose father Danny was shot dead by troops from the Parachute Regiment in August 1971, said he would like Prince Charles, Colonel-in-Chief of the regiment, to "acknowledge the hurt" of the relatives during his visit.

I don't think that what you have referenced, or the article details what they were protesting about?  It would be hard for him to acknowledge the hurt during the visit, if he wasn't visiting.

muppet

I am yes.

That would be a no then.
MWWSI 2017

Ulick

Quote from: muppet on May 22, 2015, 02:52:26 PM
That would be a no then.

Read the article posted above. The protest was not about the visit rather they wanted him to "acknowledge the hurt". The Ballymurphy families are attempting to get an investigation into the killings. They're not about protesting Royal visits. Though if you have evidence that they, Kelly and Maskey were protesting against the visit then you could produce it easily enough?