Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 15, 2013, 11:26:06 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 15, 2013, 09:56:59 PM
vasily zaitsev didnt have to listen to this crap, its just a badge. a wee jibe at the brits.

Clueless clowns will never get into power in Dublin while you continue to be so profoundly ignorant.

do you know who vasily zaitsez was? i think the comparison is viable
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on April 16, 2013, 09:33:40 PM
vasily zaitsev didnt have to listen to this crap, its just a badge. a wee jibe at the brits.

Clueless clowns will never get into power in Dublin while you continue to be so profoundly ignorant.

You just don't have a clue, do you  ::)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 16, 2013, 10:32:17 PM

actually i've got plenty of clues.. as a 13year old kid i was sent out to a field at approx 1.30 in the morning to check on a cow that was about to calve. as i crept (so as not to disturb her)  toward her in the dark i was clubbed to the ground by a brit army patrol i screamed out to tell them who i was and what i was doing, that they were on my property. they kicked me until i was barely councious i must have lay in the muck for 15mins til my father came looking for me. when they heard his voice calling to me they ran away. the next morning my face was like a butchers block and i could barely walk. my parents took me to the cops they contacted the brits. guess what? i imagined the whole thing there was no patrol in the area. quote "it could have been cattle rustlers". i support sinn fein and the peace process and decomissioning and reaching out to our unionist neighbours- ive moved on. but at the time i was not in the least concerned about a few brit soldiers getting killed. i hoped they were the guys who put the boots to me.
   you mayo have got to realise the make up of sinn fein, there are scars that will not go away.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on April 16, 2013, 11:20:52 PM

actually i've got plenty of clues.. as a 13year old kid i was sent out to a field at approx 1.30 in the morning to check on a cow that was about to calve. as i crept (so as not to disturb her)  toward her in the dark i was clubbed to the ground by a brit army patrol i screamed out to tell them who i was and what i was doing, that they were on my property. they kicked me until i was barely councious i must have lay in the muck for 15mins til my father came looking for me. when they heard his voice calling to me they ran away. the next morning my face was like a butchers block and i could barely walk. my parents took me to the cops they contacted the brits. guess what? i imagined the whole thing there was no patrol in the area. quote "it could have been cattle rustlers". i support sinn fein and the peace process and decomissioning and reaching out to our unionist neighbours- ive moved on. but at the time i was not in the least concerned about a few brit soldiers getting killed. i hoped they were the guys who put the boots to me.
   you mayo have got to realise the make up of sinn fein, there are scars that will not go away.

Again you have no clue, your trying to impress 26 county voters here, not 6 county ones. "Sniper at work" sticker is not acceptale to the Republic's electorate. Your attempts to justify it, holds no water in the Irish state.

Maguire01

my parents took me to the cops they contacted the brits. guess what? i imagined the whole thing there was no patrol in the area.
Well given how vivid your imagination is now, and considering you were 13 at the time...  :P

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 17, 2013, 12:17:59 AM

Again you have no clue, your trying to impress 26 county voters here, not 6 county ones. "Sniper at work" sticker is not acceptale to the Republic's electorate. Your attempts to justify it, holds no water in the Irish state.
given that they are impressed by enda kenny and eamon gilmore.. i dont own a badge but i wouldnt take acception to someone who choses to own one or wear one on special occasions. no more than i'd express an opinion on a british soldier who likes to parade his medal for shooting civilians in derry on bloody sunday. they did receive medals

Maguire01

On what kind of special occasion would you wear a sniper badge?

And you really wouldn't take exception to a soldier parading their medal for Bloody Sunday? Why not?

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 17, 2013, 07:26:07 PM

And you really wouldn't take exception to a soldier parading their medal for Bloody Sunday? Why not?
because i've moved on. i consider the soldier and the excombatant both to be victoms. those soldiers were primed by their comanding officers before they ever got out of their barracks.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on April 17, 2013, 07:35:08 PM

because i've moved on. i consider the soldier and the excombatant both to be victoms. those soldiers were primed by their comanding officers before they ever got out of their barracks.

Transplanting your bigotry from hating Unionist and the United Kingdom to the residents of and state of Ireland.

Applesisapples

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 17, 2013, 09:30:30 PM

Transplanting your bigotry from hating Unionist and the United Kingdom to the residents of and state of Ireland.
There is no state of Ireland it pisses me off when people from the republic make comments such as this which relegates the north to non Irish status.
In relation to the Sniper at work thing, this really is juvenile SF should be leaving al that crap behind. It's funny if you are 15.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 15, 2013, 05:58:27 PM
The likes of the 'sniper' badge being on sale at an Ard Fheis is very poor form for a party that keeps on talking about reconciliation. It gives it opponents an open goal. And it's not just the badge - the party's website has plenty of IRA memorabilia - an IRA Mug (New Design) - looks like they're still making new products to glorify the troubles. Hardly the image of a party supposedly committed to democracy and reconciliation.

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 18, 2013, 04:59:27 PM
In relation to the Sniper at work thing, this really is juvenile SF should be leaving al that crap behind.

I know a place where you boys would fit right in with that sort of heavyweight politic! Somewhere where like yourselves, the other members of this group are (if they were being honest) probably not regular visitors to the SF online shop that they are so offended by either. Give it a go.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 17, 2013, 12:17:59 AM
actually why does he or sf etc have to 'impress' anyone in the south?

imo the reason why your attitude has been programmed as such is due to the media propoganda down the years eminating from the north.
everything was controlled by the state and thus all reporting was critically subjective, with huge bias on the unionist/loyalist/jaffa side.
Misrepresentation of facts and actual accounts was commonplace.
So the attitude from anyone reading/hearing the media would be that the taigs were a violent lot, always on the go against the poor gentlefolk of the orange establishment.

it was not reflective of the reality.

If it was, you and many more would have sympathy for the persecuted folk that did exist in the north.
Lawnseed's account is one of many. Yes people fought back, but they hadnt much choice. The SDLP's heart was inthe right place, but years of trying to persuede the establishment that it was a systematically bullying and oppressive aggressive violator didnt work.
Doesnt correct the wrongs that were done but thats the reason.

If the southern people had acces to unbiased media accounts, then there would be a more tolerant attitude and a better bond and togetherness of the Irish people.

however now, the only way that this will be achieved is through an economic carrot and incentive - even the eventual referrendum yes vote in the north for reunification wont matter without the economy being ripe for this.

but for now, have a think as to why your mindset is conditioned, I believe you may find there is merit in what I say - if you open your mind a bit!

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 18, 2013, 05:40:04 PM
The likes of the 'sniper' badge being on sale at an Ard Fheis is very poor form for a party that keeps on talking about reconciliation. It gives it opponents an open goal. And it's not just the badge - the party's website has plenty of IRA memorabilia - an IRA Mug (New Design) - looks like they're still making new products to glorify the troubles. Hardly the image of a party supposedly committed to democracy and reconciliation.

In relation to the Sniper at work thing, this really is juvenile SF should be leaving al that crap behind.

I know a place where you boys would fit right in with that sort of heavyweight politic! Somewhere where like yourselves, the other members of this group are (if they were being honest) probably not regular visitors to the SF online shop that they are so offended by either. Give it a go.
Offended? Not in the slightest. But those people who SF say they want to reconcile with - well they might be.
Feel free to play the man though. I appreciate it's easier.

Maguire01

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 17, 2013, 09:30:30 PM

There is no state of Ireland it pisses me off when people from the republic make comments such as this which relegates the north to non Irish status.
In relation to the Sniper at work thing, this really is juvenile SF should be leaving al that crap behind. It's funny if you are 15.
There most definitely is. The official name of the 26 county state is Ireland. See Article 4 of Bunreacht na hÉireann.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 18, 2013, 08:45:00 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 18, 2013, 05:40:04 PM

Offended? Not in the slightest. But those people who SF say they want to reconcile with - well they might be.
Feel free to play the man though. I appreciate it's easier.

Can't be easier than having a cry about the stock of a shop you don't tend to ever even visit though!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore