Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

just a wee update on my green energy investment idea. i made a point of contacting a lad who lives near dungannon he actually owns a wind turbine. last year it generated £28000quid into his bank account. he doesn't live in a particularly windy area. not far from where i live a farmer has secured planning for a huge turbine. he has already had a wind meter for two years. his machine will earn £80000per annum going by the readings so far.  two single turbines putting over £100,000 directly into the nordie economy with only two small sites of 20ftx20ft of land used. the second guys site is waste ground. both these guys borrowed the money from the bank themselves and pay tax on this island. the possibilities for this type of investment are only limited by the amount of planning granted and if they are not a nuisance i don't see a problem. I'm particularly happy the second man has got the green light because his farmland is very poor and he and his family would have had some really tough times. these are fast payback investments in my case i actually prepay my electric bill but the more lads like these two examples there are the more of my money will end up here instead of disappearing into the coffers of some sheik in dubai
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Jeepers Creepers

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lawnseed on April 04, 2013, 10:07:38 PM
just a wee update on my green energy investment idea. i made a point of contacting a lad who lives near dungannon he actually owns a wind turbine. last year it generated £28000quid into his bank account. he doesn't live in a particularly windy area. not far from where i live a farmer has secured planning for a huge turbine. he has already had a wind meter for two years. his machine will earn £80000per annum going by the readings so far.  two single turbines putting over £100,000 directly into the nordie economy with only two small sites of 20ftx20ft of land used. the second guys site is waste ground. both these guys borrowed the money from the bank themselves and pay tax on this island. the possibilities for this type of investment are only limited by the amount of planning granted and if they are not a nuisance i don't see a problem. I'm particularly happy the second man has got the green light because his farmland is very poor and he and his family would have had some really tough times. these are fast payback investments in my case i actually prepay my electric bill but the more lads like these two examples there are the more of my money will end up here instead of disappearing into the coffers of some sheik in dubai
Could have told you all that myself. The father in law is putting one on his land but some firm are paying for it and paying him for the privilege plus providing power to the farm. Serious investment required to do it all yourself but as you say payback times are only a few years, then it's free money.

lawnseed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 04, 2013, 10:33:00 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 04, 2013, 10:07:38 PM
Could have told you all that myself. The father in law is putting one on his land but some firm are paying for it and paying him for the privilege plus providing power to the farm. Serious investment required to do it all yourself but as you say payback times are only a few years, then it's free money.
yes tony and the money your father inlaw gets he'll probably plough straight into something else creating even more work and helping to get out economy up and running in double quick time. this is the type of investment sinn fein suggested when fainna gael were raiding the national pension fund and handing the money to the germans. incidently if enda get his way the electricity company that owns the bulk of our capacity will be sold off according to the terms of the bailout. then we'll see even more obstacles put in the way of getting connected to the grid.

you see i'm not completely mad.. ;)

lawnseed

john o dowd! brilliant again today on bbc radio. hes cool, confident, competent, informed, sincere and i think hes really enjoying his time as education minister. well done john! definite leader material so far

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on April 09, 2013, 10:11:16 PM
john o dowd! brilliant again today on bbc radio. hes cool, confident, competent, informed, sincere and i think hes really enjoying his time as education minister. well done john! definite leader material so far
As SF ministers go, he's probably the best they've had. Not that the bar's that high. But he won't be party leader.

Tony Baloney

Whislst I don't like his politics he is my favourite Shinner by a long way. A decent operator alright.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 09, 2013, 10:14:58 PM
Whilst I don't like his politics he is my favourite Shinner by a long way. A decent operator alright.

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 09, 2013, 10:14:25 PM
As SF ministers go, he's probably the best they've had. Not that the bar's that high. But he won't be party leader.
has he said hes not intersted?

Applesisapples

Quote from: lawnseed on April 09, 2013, 10:17:30 PM
He's from Lurgan the Belfast/Derry Axis will prevail.

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on April 09, 2013, 10:17:30 PM
He's relatively competent, but I don't think he has the charisma to be leader. Or, superficial though it may be, he doesn't look or sound like a leader - and these things tend to matter in politics. Plus as far as i'm aware, he has zero visibility in the south - i'd imagine a very high proportion of SF voters in the south couldn't name him. And i'd expect the next SF leader to have significant presence / recognition in the south.

Maguire01

According to Slugger, Alex Maskey came out with the following on UTV this week:
QuoteThe fundamental difference between before the Good Friday Agreement and after the Good Friday Agreement is that the British Government, and the British State, no longer claim jurisdiction over this part of the island

Given that it's not so long ago that John O'Dowd came out with this...
QuoteAn all-island referendum would have precedence
...you have to ask whether SF understand what they've signed up to at all.

Rossfan

Hope all ye SFrs find ye're way to Castlebar for the weekend.
Please keep Roscommon tidy as ye pass through. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on April 12, 2013, 07:22:25 PM
Hope all ye SFrs find ye're way to Castlebar for the weekend.
Please keep Roscommon tidy as ye pass through. ;)

Hope they behave themselves in our town.

Why would they pass through Roscommon, it's not on the main routes from the 6 counties?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

glens abu