Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on April 01, 2013, 09:35:22 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 01, 2013, 07:58:08 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 01, 2013, 04:13:44 PM
This won't be read as intended by the usual suspects but here goes.

Gerry Adams, in one of his more relevent tweets, mentioned how moved he was after meeting the Magdalene women. Fair enough. I'd say some of the stories they have would draw tears in any of us.

He then announced a vague call for ALL those who lost their lives FIGHTING for Ireland to be honoured, thereby irritating large sections of the voters in all parts of the Island. IMHO this behaviour is politically silly for a party trying to grow amid the chaos of the current economic crisis. The call for the honouring of the fighters appeals to his own supporters and very few others. They already support SF so politically what is the point? If he thought it would outflank FF the polls have given him his answer.

It would have been politically far smarter to call for something like the Magdalene Women to be honoured/immediately compensated or whatever and to keep banging that drum loudly. That would be something almost everyone would have bought into and would have given credence to his claim about being moved when he met them. Enda Kenny went from last place (among party leaders) to first on the Magdalene issue but in my opinion, Gerry missed a golden opportunity to be statesmanlike and keep ahead of Kenny, on an issue where there is a large consensus.

So he should forget about those that died for the freedom of Ireland? Ah I think there are enough revisionists and british apologists doing that already in Irish politics. He's probably just proud if men and women who died for us. An odd concept in certain parts, I realise.
no one should forget nally. but we are trying to change the voting habits of people the vast majority of which have never been further into the north than the buttercrane in newry or never been north at all and who dont give a flying fuk about the struggle for freedom north of the border. what appeals to them is what jao duffy says or pat kenny says and right now they have nothing good to say about our party. infact they are more willing to put the boot in sinn fein than fainna fail who actually ruined the place.
  the problem is image plain and simple. the policies dont matter at all. you create the belief that shinners are "clean cut suit wearing go getters" like the conservatives did at the last election in the uk and the sheep will vote for you. the southern irish electorate are the north koreans of europe they have'nt a baldy notion about politics, they voted for young mcentee mostly out of pity thats how dumb they really are. if you dont believe me.. two words... healey raes
Good to see your politics are so principled lawnseed. Forget about what you stand for, appeal to the "sheep" and secure power.

And your slur on the southern electorate is a laugh. You'd swear Stormont was full of upstanding, principled and competent politicians.

lawnseed

no. trick the sheep; secure power; then try keep the sheep happy while we make the country a fairer better place to live.

its not a slur, its a fact. lose sovereignty, golf at druids, tent at galway races, payrises, pay the bankers, pay the victoms of catholic church, pensions, bankrupt the country. lie, cheat, nepotism, dynasty politics, media control, hairdos, makeup, state cars, sugar industry gone, 14.5% unemployment. thats fainna fail and less than 2 years ago. and theyre back and nobody has a bad word to say about them. sheep.. and i forgot brown envelopes.

ffs sean gallagher clearly fainna fail nearly made president of the place..!
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 01, 2013, 09:57:01 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 01, 2013, 09:35:22 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 01, 2013, 07:58:08 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 01, 2013, 04:13:44 PM
This won't be read as intended by the usual suspects but here goes.

Gerry Adams, in one of his more relevent tweets, mentioned how moved he was after meeting the Magdalene women. Fair enough. I'd say some of the stories they have would draw tears in any of us.

He then announced a vague call for ALL those who lost their lives FIGHTING for Ireland to be honoured, thereby irritating large sections of the voters in all parts of the Island. IMHO this behaviour is politically silly for a party trying to grow amid the chaos of the current economic crisis. The call for the honouring of the fighters appeals to his own supporters and very few others. They already support SF so politically what is the point? If he thought it would outflank FF the polls have given him his answer.

It would have been politically far smarter to call for something like the Magdalene Women to be honoured/immediately compensated or whatever and to keep banging that drum loudly. That would be something almost everyone would have bought into and would have given credence to his claim about being moved when he met them. Enda Kenny went from last place (among party leaders) to first on the Magdalene issue but in my opinion, Gerry missed a golden opportunity to be statesmanlike and keep ahead of Kenny, on an issue where there is a large consensus.

So he should forget about those that died for the freedom of Ireland? Ah I think there are enough revisionists and british apologists doing that already in Irish politics. He's probably just proud if men and women who died for us. An odd concept in certain parts, I realise.
no one should forget nally. but we are trying to change the voting habits of people the vast majority of which have never been further into the north than the buttercrane in newry or never been north at all and who dont give a flying fuk about the struggle for freedom north of the border. what appeals to them is what jao duffy says or pat kenny says and right now they have nothing good to say about our party. infact they are more willing to put the boot in sinn fein than fainna fail who actually ruined the place.
  the problem is image plain and simple. the policies dont matter at all. you create the belief that shinners are "clean cut suit wearing go getters" like the conservatives did at the last election in the uk and the sheep will vote for you. the southern irish electorate are the north koreans of europe they have'nt a baldy notion about politics, they voted for young mcentee mostly out of pity thats how dumb they really are. if you dont believe me.. two words... healey raes
Good to see your politics are so principled lawnseed. Forget about what you stand for, appeal to the "sheep" and secure power.

And your slur on the southern electorate is a laugh. You'd swear Stormont was full of upstanding, principled and competent politicians.

Your insights show how delusional you really are, the DUP/SF are the poltics of the extremist and the brainwashed. The North has nothing to do with real politics in the Republic except perhaps the economy of the border counties. Stop harping on about up there and  concentrate 100% on the Republic, stop shiteing on about so called heroes who the vast majority of the 26 view as thugs and criminals.

(By the way, this is not to say the 6 counties do not matter, but while they are a different administrative region they are as much a competitor to the Republic as Britian, Germany or Poland. SF cannot stand for the best interests of the electorate and residents of the Republic and do the same for the people of the North at the same time).
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

mayo some of what you have said is true. but like most southerners you seem to think that ireland is two separate islands or that there is a huge wall along the border when it suits your skewed point of view. you should try to remember that both jurisdictions are in the EU so real 'competition' is some what curtailed. also as is now the fashion you like to refer to what sinn fein do north of the border as if ireland was all the same country. you cant have it both ways. sinn fein are part of a five party political system unique to the circumstance we find ourselves in. sinn fein south of the border operate in a state where right wing conservative ethos have been to the fore for nearly a hundred years. like all states where one party(fianna gael) has dominated all the problems associated with that scenario are also to the fore. eg corruption dynasty politics. actually ireland has had less political change than communist Russia in the last century. what i'm suggesting is that sinn fein simply try to appeal to what the sheep seem to want.

Tubberman

Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 09:26:17 AM
mayo some of what you have said is true. but like most southerners you seem to think that ireland is two separate islands or that there is a huge wall along the border when it suits your skewed point of view. you should try to remember that both jurisdictions are in the EU so real 'competition' is some what curtailed. also as is now the fashion you like to refer to what sinn fein do north of the border as if ireland was all the same country. you cant have it both ways. sinn fein are part of a five party political system unique to the circumstance we find ourselves in. sinn fein south of the border operate in a state where right wing conservative ethos have been to the fore for nearly a hundred years. like all states where one party(fianna gael) has dominated all the problems associated with that scenario are also to the fore. eg corruption dynasty politics. actually ireland has had less political change than communist Russia in the last century. what i'm suggesting is that sinn fein simply try to appeal to what the sheep seem to want.

You do a good job of giving that impression yourself, with your posts about how stupid and gullible to electorate in the Republic are, and that you and your ilk can just fool the "sheep" into voting for SF whenever you like and that will solve all the problems in this country.
Despite the fact that you live in a sectarian basket-case propped up by the British civil service.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

lawnseed

Quote from: Tubberman on April 02, 2013, 09:34:31 AM

You do a good job of giving that impression yourself, with your posts about how stupid and gullible to electorate in the Republic are, and that you and your ilk can just fool the "sheep" into voting for SF whenever you like and that will solve all the problems in this country.
Despite the fact that you live in a sectarian basket-case propped up by the British civil service.
ahh tubberman i was just talking about you and your ilk.. baaahh!!
i think you mean british tax payer not the civil service. thats not our fault at partition norn iron was the envy of the world with more industry per person than anywhere else in europe since then the brits have let the place go to hell. if you want an empire it costs money so tuff shite british taxpayer.
and as for the stupid and gullable bit.. fianna fail? worst government in irish history theyve actually have caused more hardship than the british monarchy when they ran the place and  the sheep still follow them. that reminds me of the wildebeast on the southern plains of africa where the lions are in the process of eating one of the herd while the rest of them graze casually nearby.. researchers believe they forget or like mexicans they think i'm alright jack...

you have to do whats necessary to get the votes then do what you can while in government. thats all that counts get the gig

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 10:14:52 AM
you have to do whats necessary to get the votes then do what you can while in government. thats all that counts get the gig
On that basis, you can hardly complain about Enda Kenny's promise in relation to Roscommon hospital. He did what was necessary to get the votes and get the gig.

Maguire01

you should try to remember that both jurisdictions are in the EU so real 'competition' is some what curtailed.
What rubbish. If that was the case, Robinson and McGuinness wouldn't have been quite so glum when Cameron told them where to go in relation to corporation tax. And if there was no competition, there wouldn't be hordes of cars piling into Sainsburys in Newry or Asda in Enniskillen.

Maguire01

at partition norn iron was the envy of the world with more industry per person than anywhere else in europe since then the brits have let the place go to hell.
At partition, the economy was based on heavy industry. That economy has disappeared from most developed countries since then.

Also, 30 years of general unrest and the bombing of economic targets didn't help.

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 02, 2013, 11:23:41 AM
you have to do whats necessary to get the votes then do what you can while in government. that's all that counts get the gig
On that basis, you can hardly complain about Enda Kenny's promise in relation to Roscommon hospital. He did what was necessary to get the votes and get the gig.
exactly my point. good haircut, nice suit, and telling lies to appease the sheep gets the gig. one for everybody in the audience...!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 01:26:26 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 02, 2013, 11:23:41 AM
you have to do whats necessary to get the votes then do what you can while in government. that's all that counts get the gig
exactly my point. good haircut, nice suit, and telling lies to appease the sheep gets the gig. one for everybody in the audience...!

He is actually a decent person too, and he won over alot of sceptics on the road around Ireland. Alot of people found him more in touch in face to face interactions. As most people who have met him, they may not like his politics, they will tell ya, he is a nice fella.

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 02, 2013, 11:29:31 AM
you should try to remember that both jurisdictions are in the EU so real 'competition' is some what curtailed.
What rubbish. If that was the case, Robinson and McGuinness wouldn't have been quite so glum when Cameron told them where to go in relation to corporation tax. And if there was no competition, there wouldn't be hordes of cars piling into Sainsburys in Newry or Asda in Enniskillen.
i think you'll find the hoardes of cars are now a trickle and the need to head north is more to do with price fixing. as for the corporation tax i dont buy it. the south has the low tax and the economy is still fukd. 14% unemployment. its a rich mans tax. why should the poor take cuts in services just so some huge company can put a girl and a computer in a office in dublin to avoid tax.                                                                        if you want to attract business you need to tackle the actual costs of running a business here like energy costs. create cheap energy and business will follow it. eg electricity in canada is 3 cents a unit thats about 2p. as you will know most of that heavy industry was water driven it still rains here

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 01:37:08 PM
i think you'll find the hoardes of cars are now a trickle and the need to head north is more to do with price fixing.
You've lost me there - please elaborate.

as for the corporation tax i dont buy it. the south has the low tax and the economy is still fukd. 14% unemployment. its a rich mans tax. why should the poor take cuts in services just so some huge company can put a girl and a computer in a office in dublin to avoid tax.
You should have told McGuinness that, before he went to London and returned with his tail between his legs.

And if a huge company put a girl and a computer in Dublin to avoid tax somewhere else, is that not the Irish economy getting 12.5% of something they would otherwise have had 0% of?

if you want to attract business you need to tackle the actual costs of running a business here like energy costs. create cheap energy and business will follow it. eg electricity in canada is 3 cents a unit thats about 2p.
So what's the solution? Apparently fracking is widespread in Canada. SF's response: Most people in Leitrim, Cavan, Fermanagh and other areas realise that this practice could have a huge impact on their lives and their surrounding area. This has been clearly demonstrated by the massive groundswell of opposition to fracking. Sinn Féin will stand with the people in their fight against it.
http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/22450

I'm really not sure why you support SF at all.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 02, 2013, 03:43:22 PM
i think you'll find the hoardes of cars are now a trickle and the need to head north is more to do with price fixing.
You've lost me there - please elaborate.

as for the corporation tax i dont buy it. the south has the low tax and the economy is still fukd. 14% unemployment. its a rich mans tax. why should the poor take cuts in services just so some huge company can put a girl and a computer in a office in dublin to avoid tax.
You should have told McGuinness that, before he went to London and returned with his tail between his legs.

And if a huge company put a girl and a computer in Dublin to avoid tax somewhere else, is that not the Irish economy getting 12.5% of something they would otherwise have had 0% of?

if you want to attract business you need to tackle the actual costs of running a business here like energy costs. create cheap energy and business will follow it. eg electricity in canada is 3 cents a unit thats about 2p.
So what's the solution? Apparently fracking is widespread in Canada. SF's response: Most people in Leitrim, Cavan, Fermanagh and other areas realise that this practice could have a huge impact on their lives and their surrounding area. This has been clearly demonstrated by the massive groundswell of opposition to fracking. Sinn Féin will stand with the people in their fight against it.
http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/22450

I'm really not sure why you support SF at all.

He follows them because they are a cult party among Northern nationalists. They think they must follow them blindly like sheep.