The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

QuoteApart from the absence of O'Connell it is a pretty good team. Muldoon looked good against the barbarians and Trimble gets a chance to impress again.

Rubbish, it's an awful team, that pack will be destroyed. NZ by 20pts plus.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 08, 2010, 10:51:29 AM
QuoteApart from the absence of O'Connell it is a pretty good team. Muldoon looked good against the barbarians and Trimble gets a chance to impress again.

I think you're being harsh there Dinny, even with POC, Ferris and Flannery our pack would still get destroyed!!!

Dinny Breen

Harsh, I think not, only Heaslip would make the All-Black side but if Flannery/Best, POC and Ferris were available at least we'd have parity in the line-outs and ball-carrying and our scrum wouldn't have been destroyed like it will on Sunday especially against not a particularly great NZ pack. I mean for the love of God Mick O'Driscoll!!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

mc_grens

I'm usually an optimist.

On this occasion, however, I have to agree with Dinny. We're gonna get annihilated.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 08, 2010, 11:11:33 AM
Harsh, I think not, only Heaslip would make the All-Black side but if Flannery/Best, POC and Ferris were available at least we'd have parity in the line-outs and ball-carrying and our scrum wouldn't have been destroyed like it will on Sunday especially against not a particularly great NZ pack. I mean for the love of God Mick O'Driscoll!!!!!

How has this man got so many Irish caps? Always seems to be in the squad no matter what. People talk about our lack of props but 2nd row options are severely limited as well. The pack will be destroyed on Saturday of that there is no doubt. Lets just hope we put in a decent performance and confidence doesn't get drained heading into the Autumn internationals.

Olaf

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 08, 2010, 10:51:29 AM

Is Sexton injured? I see he is on the bench??

Celt_Man

Anyone have any links to the All-Blacks match in the morning?  Fecking dyin to see it but have no sky... sickener
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 11, 2010, 07:00:16 PM
Anyone have any links to the All-Blacks match in the morning?  Fecking dyin to see it but have no sky... sickener

i will have it on. If you leave Cavan at 6 you should make it for KO.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Celt_Man

Celt_Man

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 11, 2010, 09:32:16 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on June 11, 2010, 07:00:16 PM

i will have it on. If you leave Cavan at 6 you should make it for KO.

What's for breakfast so?!?!  ;D ;D

Hoof Hearted

tennants or red wine ?

As a man who regularly posts on rugby, GAA and soccer threads, would tomorrow not be a perfect day

8.30 - Local Bar
8.35 - Ireland v All Blacks
10.30 - England v Aus
1.00 - Lunch
2.00 - France v SA
4.00 - Tea
5.15 - Cavan v Fermanagh
7.30 - England v USA
9.30 - Whatever your fit for !

tyroneboi

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 11, 2010, 10:54:57 PM
tennants or red wine ?

As a man who regularly posts on rugby, GAA and soccer threads, would tomorrow not be a perfect day

8.30 - Local Bar
10.30 - England v Aus
1.00 - Lunch
2.00 - France v SA
4.00 - Tea
5.15 - Cavan v Fermanagh
7.30 - England v USA

Slighly ruins it for me to be honest but otherwise should be another great weekend of sport.

Hoof Hearted

forgot about the argies, messi, tevez and maradona et al

Celt_Man

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 11, 2010, 10:54:57 PM
tennants or red wine ?

8.30 - Local Bar
10.30 - England v Aus
1.00 - Lunch
2.00 - France v SA
4.00 - Tea
5.15 - Cavan v Fermanagh
7.30 - England v USA

have to squeeze in an Under 10s gaelic game and shopping  >:( >:( during all that too